Asus power surge on some games

Jul 8, 2018
Recently I've been getting the Anti-surge warning when trying to launch games like Witcher 3 and Arma 3 immediately when loading into the world. Shuts down pc and I get the warning.
Other games older or newer work fine though. Examples Skyrim, Fallout 4, Warhammer Total War 2 and Vermintide 2.
The system was built with Witcher 3 in mind so the system is about 3 years old. The two games mentioned above worked great up until now.

Specs:
CPU - intel i7 4790
GPU - GTX 970 SC (Factory overclocked)
PSU - Thermaltake tr2 600w
Mobo - Asus H97 PLUS
Ram - 16GB (idk the exact stick cannot check atm)
OS - windows 10 home

I've already checked temps under load even before the anti-surges started happening, everything looks okay.
CPU Min-Max = 64-70C
GPU Min-Max = 57-63C
What's strange is my psu voltages read normal under load, well within the 5% -/+ range.
Sorry I don't have a screen shot to provide.
I disabled the Anti-surge to see if it would happen again and it did. So I suspect it may be the PSU
I'm going to pickup my friend's PSU to see if that fixes the issue and will update.
Any other suggestions in the mean time is greatly appreciated!

Jul 8, 2018

Thought as much, I did some research on that too. I'm 99% sure it is my PSU, I also forgot to mention I added another higher quality fan to the case a few days ago and it could be my psu cannot sustain enough power through out the system under high loads. Luckily I can steal my parents money and find a new one after I test my friends out, he's got a EVGA 750 GQ, 80+ GOLD psu

Jul 8, 2018
It was the psu failing, tested my friends and no surge. Got a new Seasonic PRIME Ultra 750W 80+ Gold, running good again! So for those with an anti surge issue even though it can be a hassle, test the psu out just in case.

bignastyid

Titan

Glad to hear it. That's a top notch PSU.