Question ASUS Prime B350 Plus compatibility ?

thesub3001

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
Hey everyone! First of all I hope you all had a great time so far in your celebrations or days off and most importantly had a good rest so far.

I'm here with a little brain-storming question.
I got the following motherboard second hand with the seller claiming it wouldn't boot(of course there was a hefty price cut hence why I am not ruling out the mobo being gone) with a ryzen 3 3100, I always intended on going first gen with it and I got a R5 1600 but to my dismay it didn't boot.

Fans would spin and the mobo lights up but no display output. I had ruled out the mobo as faulty but today whilst doing a benchmark of the R5 now in a B450M mobo I noticed that userbenchmark had it listed as 1600 AF and to my research then on I found out that there's a good chance this motherboard wouldn't support the AF as well without an update.

Does anyone have any experience with this combo and is it possible to have that happen the way I'm thinking. The reason I ask is because I intend on getting a r3 1200 and make sure it's AE not AF on the CPU as apparently they are not very clearly branded to try and see if I can get the mobo working. Any thoughts/suggestions on the matter are much appreciated.

Hey everyone! First of all I hope you all had a great time so far in your celebrations or days off and most importantly had a good rest so far.

I'm here with a little brain-storming question.
I got the following motherboard second hand with the seller claiming it wouldn't boot(of course there was a hefty price cut hence why I am not ruling out the mobo being gone) with a ryzen 3 3100, I always intended on going first gen with it and I got a R5 1600 but to my dismay it didn't boot.

Fans would spin and the mobo lights up but no display output. I had ruled out the mobo as faulty but today whilst doing a benchmark of the R5 now in a B450M mobo I noticed that userbenchmark had it listed as 1600 AF and to my research then on I found out that there's a good chance this motherboard wouldn't support the AF as well without an update.

Does anyone have any experience with this combo and is it possible to have that happen the way I'm thinking. The reason I ask is because I intend on getting a r3 1200 and make sure it's AE not AF on the CPU as apparently they are not very clearly branded to try and see if I can get the mobo working. Any thoughts/suggestions on the matter are much appreciated.
It's not clear which MB you have, first is B350 than you talk about b450
1600AF is basically a 2nd gen Ryzen, should work in 400 series MB, 300 series would need updated BIOS almost for sure.

thesub3001

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
It's not clear which MB you have, first is B350 than you talk about b450
1600AF is basically a 2nd gen Ryzen, should work in 400 series MB, 300 series would need updated BIOS almost for sure.
The issue is about the B350 mobo, I am just saying that I had the CPU benchmarked on a B450M mobo hence how I found out it's actually the 1600AF not the normal 1600, my question was if anyone knows whether or not the following mobo ASUS Prime B350 Plus could need an update if the CPU is 1600AF instead of the normal 1600.

The issue is about the B350 mobo, I am just saying that I had the CPU benchmarked on a B450M mobo hence how I found out it's actually the 1600AF not the normal 1600, my question was if anyone knows whether or not the following mobo ASUS Prime B350 Plus could need an update if the CPU is 1600AF instead of the normal 1600.
Yes it does if really old production. Regular 1600(x) is designated AE.
Here's list of BIOS versions.
So according to it, minimum version for AF is 5204 while for AE is 0406.

thesub3001

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
Yes it does if really old production. Regular 1600(x) is designated AE.
Here's list of BIOS versions.
So according to it, minimum version for AF is 5204 while for AE is 0406.
Thanks for the additional information, I've already reviewed their website with the bios info, I just wanted to get an extra opinion on whether what I'm thinking is actually possible or not.