[SOLVED] Asus Prime B360-Plus \ H370-Plus with i7-8700 - will be not overheat ?

Feb 27, 2019
Hi folks.

Planned to grab Asus Prime B360-Plus with i7-8700 (non K), with cooler Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2.

I'm worry - do it will not overheat for such motherboard chips ? (little amount of power phases etc)

Why not Z370 - critically presence of PCI slot.

Any kind of overclocking does not planned (that logically).

And else - do there any sense to pay a bit more and grab H370 instead B360 ? Yes, i saw a camparison list between this chipsets, so, i do not need additional features which presents in H370 (which was specify in that list), but, who know, maybe H370 made with a bit higher quality in some details ? I don't know. Though visually these boards looks identically.

Solution
Rogue Leader
Sorry but many messages of users of this processor suggest otherwise a bit. The temperature topic is quite often for this model. I would not want to get 60-70 degrees in surf (while someone will say that this is the norm). The same about motherboard temperature. And the same users often say that helps exactly the right numbers in the BIOS setup. So, why i wondering about ability to switch to some non-auto mode.
In any case, I am interested in the answer to this question.

And they would be incorrect, as they are talking about the i7-8700k which is a 95w processor. The 65w i7-8700 does not have such issues and comes with an adequate cooler out of the box.

That said the cooler you are buying will keep it...
Feb 27, 2019
Ok and else something, - do there is in B360 bios some ability to disable auto-modes for processor voltage control etc, for avoid unnecessary overheat i mean.

Just, i'm worry that due to non-overclock nature of this board, here will be some limited access to manual control, and all will works only thru some automatically preconfig modes in sub menus.

Need to make sure that it is not.

Just, i see pdf user manual for both boards - and frankly was confused that no any info about available sub-menus in their bios. And googled for any video or info about that - nope. (There is only for Z370 bios youtube overview, but i guess it can be different compare B and H )

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Ok and else something, - do there is in B360 bios some ability to disable auto-modes for processor voltage control etc, for avoid unnecessary overheat i mean.

Just, i'm worry that due to non-overclock nature of this board, here will be some limited access to manual control, and all will works only thru some automatically preconfig modes in sub menus.

Need to make sure that it is not.

Just, i see pdf user manual for both boards - and frankly was confused that no any info about available sub-menus in their bios. And googled for any video or info about that - nope. (There is only for Z370 bios youtube overview, but i guess it can be different compare B and H )

You really don't need to mess with any of that, that CPU will not overheat under stock settings and in fact comes with a downdraft cooler in the box that is fine, you don't need that BeQuiet cooler. Actually the downdraft style cooler is better if youre concerned about the board remaining cooler as it blows downward and the air spreads out and hits the VRMS. Tower coolers do not do this.

Again, you're worrying too much, at stock you should have no concerns.

Feb 27, 2019
Rogue Leader
Sorry but many messages of users of this processor suggest otherwise a bit. The temperature topic is quite often for this model. I would not want to get 60-70 degrees in surf (while someone will say that this is the norm). The same about motherboard temperature. And the same users often say that helps exactly the right numbers in the BIOS setup. So, why i wondering about ability to switch to some non-auto mode.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Rogue Leader

And they would be incorrect, as they are talking about the i7-8700k which is a 95w processor. The 65w i7-8700 does not have such issues and comes with an adequate cooler out of the box.

That said the cooler you are buying will keep it well within the cool range, again there is no reason to mess with any motherboard settings and handicap the processor.

If you are really worried you can disable turbo, on the board you want. That will limit clock speed and keep the temps well in check for cpu and motherboard.

Solution