[SOLVED] Asus PRIME B550-PLUS ATX AM4 BIOS update without CPU ?

Viperk8b

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Hi just had a question, I'm going to be build a PC for a friend and was going to pair a AMD 5600g with a Asus PRIME B550-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard but I under stand you need a bios update in order to use the new CPU, so my question is it possible to update the bios via a USB drive or stick or am I limited to needing a bios compatible CPU before hand to administer the update?

Solution
Hi just had a question, I'm going to be build a PC for a friend and was going to pair a AMD 5600g with a Asus PRIME B550-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard but I under stand you need a bios update in order to use the new CPU, so my question is it possible to update the bios via a USB drive or stick or am I limited to needing a bios compatible CPU before hand to administer the update?
You can't since there is no bios flashback button. you would need a 3000 or 5000 series cpu to perform bios update.
You can't since there is no bios flashback button. you would need a 3000 or 5000 series cpu to perform bios update.

Solution