[SOLVED] Asus Prime B560M-K and other components, questions if they would go well with each other?

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
Hi, went shopping today for a new pc for my birthday. Don't have much money right now, and these parts are what the money I saved up could afford. Coming back next week to the store to buy the 10600k, and get another 8gb stick of ram. :)

1. motherboard - Asus Prime B560M-K (LGA 1299) B560, mATX, 2* DDR4
  2. ram - 8GB, Kingston Fury Beast, CL 16 1.2v
  3. cooling - Cyrorig M9 Plus Air Cooler, Single Tower Heatsink, Dual 92mm fan, for intel / AMD
  4. PSU - Seasonic Focus GM Gold 550 Watts, Semi Modular
pics of components inside spoiler

__

three questions.

1. Would these parts go well together?
  2. The person at the shop told me he would sell the 10600K for 230 usd, is that a fair price for that cpu?
  3. What GPU would go well with this setup?

Last edited:
Solution
  1. Model of your stick of ram?
  2. Don't bother with a K suffix processor since you won't be able to overclock the processor. Only ram overclocking is possible on that chipset.
  3. Mid range GPU, anything below an RTX3060.

You might want to reconsider that single stick of ram since you're going to get a little more performance out of any platform using a dual channel ram kit. You also got the wrong cooler for the TDP window you're looking at for your processor purchase.

Last bit of info, ask first then go buy, not the other way round.

Lutfij

Titan
  1. Model of your stick of ram?
  2. Don't bother with a K suffix processor since you won't be able to overclock the processor. Only ram overclocking is possible on that chipset.
  3. Mid range GPU, anything below an RTX3060.

You might want to reconsider that single stick of ram since you're going to get a little more performance out of any platform using a dual channel ram kit. You also got the wrong cooler for the TDP window you're looking at for your processor purchase.

Last bit of info, ask first then go buy, not the other way round.

Reactions: Tac 25
Solution

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
1. I do plan to buy another 8gb stick next week, just did not have enough money today.

3. Ok thanks, would try to get an RTX 3050, once it becomes available at the store.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS