[SOLVED] Asus Prime B660 Plus D4 with GTX1660 --- "no signal" ?

May 21, 2022
I have a ASUS Prime B660 Plus D4 motherboard with GTX1660 use DVI line connect to a Viewsonic VA2220W monitor.
Now when I power on the pc,the monitor display "no signal" until Windows logon screen appears.
This happens 90%. of the time, sometimes it will show the BIOS Post screen.

If I used the HDMI port connect to another monitor,it will always showup the BIOS POST screen.
I have tried changed the BIOS settings:
CSM(on or off), VGA(AUTO,PCIE first),when using the DVI connect,
there is no change.
When powen on,the motherboard QLED's VGA light is on.

Is there anyone know how to fix this proplem?
Thanks!

Solution
DVI is definitely fast becoming obsolete. I'm actually kind of surprised they are continuing to put them on cards at all, and a lot of cards do NOT have a DVI output on them anymore. The only reason any cards still have them is due to the number of older monitors out there that only have DVI or VGA inputs on them.
Of course there is. You must be using only the EZ or basic options screen. Switch to the advanced mode screen. Even this thread shows that it has it, and dude has the same board as you. Should usually be on the Boot tab in the advanced menu options, but might be on a different one for some models. Pretty much all modern motherboards have fast and ultra fast boot mode options available.

May 21, 2022
What CPU ? If a non -F version, connect a monitor to a motherboard connector, and see if thé PC boots normally when using the iGPU
Eventually take the 1660 completely out when doing this
CPU is 12700
The CPU's GPU is good,used it's HDMI output can get the signal.
Using GTX1660's HDMI output also can get the VGA signal and see the BIOS POST screen.
The problem is,my monitor is Viewsonic VA2220W,only have DVI and VGA connect,and the GTX1660 only have DVI,HDMI,DP connect,the mother board only have VGA,HDMI,DP connect.o_O
So if I want to see the BIOS POST screen, I have to change something.
And the thing is ,system works ok,play games is ok,for now ,no BOSD,no freeze, just can't see the BIOS screen with DVI connect.:ROFLMAO:
When I back to home, will try more and test more.

May 21, 2022
Of course there is. You must be using only the EZ or basic options screen. Switch to the advanced mode screen. Even this thread shows that it has it, and dude has the same board as you. Should usually be on the Boot tab in the advanced menu options, but might be on a different one for some models. Pretty much all modern motherboards have fast and ultra fast boot mode options available.

Finally I found the "fast boot" option and disabled it.
But nothing changed.
Now I use a "HDMI" to "DVI" converter solved the problem for now...
Video card's hdmi or GPU's hdmi output is working.
Just can't use the DVI ouput of the video card's to get a normal boot and see the BIOS post screen.

DVI is definitely fast becoming obsolete. I'm actually kind of surprised they are continuing to put them on cards at all, and a lot of cards do NOT have a DVI output on them anymore. The only reason any cards still have them is due to the number of older monitors out there that only have DVI or VGA inputs on them.

Solution