[SOLVED] ASUS Prime X-570 Pro bios setup totally indecipherable!

Jun 24, 2020
I am attempting to set up my bios on a ASUS Prime X-570 MB with a AMD 3900x processor, 32GB ram, Titan X Nvidia 12GB Maxwell and a Sabrent M.2 PCIe 1TB 2280 SSD and it's driving me crazy. I have Windows 10 on USB with all the MB drivers waiting, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make the M.2 drive visible in the

I haven't built a computer in decades and so many of the settings mean nothing to me.

I can see the Sabrent M.2 drive in BIOS when in EZMode, and when I go into Advanced Mode -> Advanced -> NVME Configuration -> Sabrent Rocket Q -> I can see the information, run the device self test successfully, but when I return to EZ Mode to attempt to drag it to the boot priority list, it is not there.

Anyone with experience with this motherboard who would help a fellow out?

Solution
OK, apologies. I finally figured it out. Short between the headset time...

Confession: I was using a monitor connected to the Titan X via display port. Stupid.

After sleeping on it, I made sure I had a wired keyboard and mouse along with an older monitor with wired DVI plug.

It appears the BIOS adjustments and even the one boot I got into Windows were lost upon rebooting because the video was out of range for the monitor or card or both.

The default values were FINE ALL ALONG.

Here's how I finally tackled it:

• Reset BIOS by shorting pins AND the battery contacts for 10 minutes.
  • Install one Sabrent M.2 1TB card
  • Install both 16 GB T-Force DDR4 Vulcan Z ram sticks.
  • Install Titan X
  • Place USB with BIOS Flash...
I am attempting to set up my bios on a ASUS Prime X-570 MB with a AMD 3900x processor, 32GB ram, Titan X Nvidia 12GB Maxwell and a Sabrent M.2 PCIe 1TB 2280 SSD and it's driving me crazy. I have Windows 10 on USB with all the MB drivers waiting, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make the M.2 drive visible in the

I haven't built a computer in decades and so many of the settings mean nothing to me.

I can see the Sabrent M.2 drive in BIOS when in EZMode, and when I go into Advanced Mode -> Advanced -> NVME Configuration -> Sabrent Rocket Q -> I can see the information, run the device self test successfully, but when I return to EZ Mode to attempt to drag it to the boot priority list, it is not there.

It will not go to boot order unless it has OS on it and is bootable and BIOS is in UEFI mode.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Jun 24, 2020
I can see a non-os USB stick in the boot order; why not the Sabrent? Shouldn't the BIOS just have a list of devices and their order in which to attempt boot?

This is a totally new build and I am trying to make this the main boot disk and load a fresh install of Windows 10 on the M.2 card. Only have the Sabrent M.2 and a cheapie SSD (formatted but no OS) hooked up to the system.

I was using the below Youtube video in this attempt, but my BIOS doesn't have the feature of Boot Override or I am not using/finding the appropriate settings to emulate what he is doing. Have a cheapie SSD hooked up

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYYoCXh2gtw&t=256s

I see the Sabrent drive listed and it even tests OK in the bios.

I was able to flash the newest bios from a USB onto the MB this morning but it hasn't seemed to help much.

Jun 24, 2020
I turned off the machine, cleared the bios, unplugged all the storage but the M.2, inserted the Windows 10 USB, booted and now its found the Sabrent and is loading Windows.

God I hate technology...

Oh but it rebooted with a black screen...

Fun.

Edit: Ok, I unplugged the Display port and plugged in back in in frustration after a boot and the screen came to life. Arrrggg! Looks like it installed but now fighting my product key.

The fun never ends.

Last edited:

LfcYNWA

Prominent
Mar 14, 2020

I run yesterday the new firmware for my Asus prime x570 pro and everything goes fine. Before you run the new firmware you must return to default settings. You optimized default settings before run the new firmware?

Jun 24, 2020
OK, apologies. I finally figured it out. Short between the headset time...

Confession: I was using a monitor connected to the Titan X via display port. Stupid.

After sleeping on it, I made sure I had a wired keyboard and mouse along with an older monitor with wired DVI plug.

It appears the BIOS adjustments and even the one boot I got into Windows were lost upon rebooting because the video was out of range for the monitor or card or both.

The default values were FINE ALL ALONG.

Here's how I finally tackled it:

• Reset BIOS by shorting pins AND the battery contacts for 10 minutes.
  • Install one Sabrent M.2 1TB card
  • Install both 16 GB T-Force DDR4 Vulcan Z ram sticks.
  • Install Titan X
  • Place USB with BIOS Flash update in computer.
*Boot to BIOS and update BIOS. Remove.
* Insert Windows 10 Pro USB install drive media generated on my old computer.
*Boot to this USB drive (Now I can SEE it) and perform install offline without any "extras" on the now visible Sabrent M.2; the only drive in the system.
  • Plug in Ethernet and Update Windows fully.
  • Install downloaded drivers and programs from ASUS that I had pre-staged on the Windows USB install media.
*Shut down, install 2nd Sabrent 1TB M.2 in 2nd slot.
*Boot up (works!) and format this drive.
*Done (for now)

I haven't gone beyond this to try to boost the 3200 mhz ram from it's default settings, but I need a break right now.

Thanks to everyone who made helpful suggestions and sorry for voting my answer to my question as the best answer, but I wanted it closed out.

Last edited:
Solution