[SOLVED] Asus prime x470-pro nvme raid

Melocco

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
I just updated the bios for my motherboard. It claimed updated raid for nvme. I am running a Samsung 970 evo plus now.

My question is, what would I need to do if I wanted to run another 970 (another card identical size and model) in the second port? Raid 0.Use the two nvme drives as a single boot drive.

I have read that the second port is slower than the first one. But with the bios update, I don't know if they fixed that or not.

Also, I'm running a 1070 GTX, 10 gig network card and a USB3. 1 three port pcie. Would I need to take something out to make it work?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
I am a little confused by the suggestions not to RAID the M.2s, and the information why. My board (ASUS Prime x570 Pro) has two M.2s and I am pretty sure they run on the PCI bus. So running at RAID 0 them would be great ... wouldn't it? Note it runs PCIExpress 16.

I am attempting to do just this today, but Windows 10 is not recognizing the RAID. In the windows setup it has:
Name Total Size Free Space Type
Drive 0 Partition 1 480 GB 0.0 MB Primary
Drive 0 Unallocated Space 16 MB 16 MB
Drive 1 Partition 1 480 GB 0.0 MB Primary
Drive 1Unallocated Space 16 MB 16 MB
Any thoughts on that?

Melocco

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Honestly, I just want to do it to increase the speed some and also, just to push the system. Also, I have $200 in Dell incentives and I just thought that would use it before it just goes away.

Sylock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
I am a little confused by the suggestions not to RAID the M.2s, and the information why. My board (ASUS Prime x570 Pro) has two M.2s and I am pretty sure they run on the PCI bus. So running at RAID 0 them would be great ... wouldn't it? Note it runs PCIExpress 16.

I am attempting to do just this today, but Windows 10 is not recognizing the RAID. In the windows setup it has:
Name Total Size Free Space Type
Drive 0 Partition 1 480 GB 0.0 MB Primary
Drive 0 Unallocated Space 16 MB 16 MB
Drive 1 Partition 1 480 GB 0.0 MB Primary
Drive 1Unallocated Space 16 MB 16 MB
Any thoughts on that?

Solution
Nov 8, 2019
Brother! I don't use this site but i've come to your rescue. So it seems you've gotten that far you need to either go to AMD or ASUs's website and grab their Raid driver package. You'll put them on a usb and then load them in this order. Bottom, Raid and the CFG. Do not delete any of the arrays as they are seen with the 4 files. The first one you do will cause them to dissapear then the second one they will reappear as 1 size. Last one will make sure install goes smoothly do not forget it. Enjoy! i have been searching for this answer for weeks but just figured it out myself.

Dec 9, 2019
I just updated the bios for my motherboard. It claimed updated raid for nvme. I am running a Samsung 970 evo plus now.

My question is, what would I need to do if I wanted to run another 970 (another card identical size and model) in the second port? Raid 0.Use the two nvme drives as a single boot drive.

I have read that the second port is slower than the first one. But with the bios update, I don't know if they fixed that or not.

Also, I'm running a 1070 GTX, 10 gig network card and a USB3. 1 three port pcie. Would I need to take something out to make it work?

Thanks in advance.
Hello,

WOW I thought I was the only one. I am having the same issue. What did you do to resolve the RAID 0 to be seen by windows correctly? ASUS said to dissable EUFI and I did and I believe the VGA won't allow the RAID to be seen?