Question Asus Prime X570 Pro stuck at Boot status light on motherboard, will not get past post screen.

Mar 24, 2020
Hey all,

I've had this computer running for almost a year. I went to turn it on this morning like I always do. Flip the switch to my power bar (so the LEDs aren't running all night), and hit the power button. Normally it spends about 10 seconds or less on the 'ASUS' screen that says hit 'DEL' or 'F2' to go to BIOS setup, and then starts booting. Today however it got stuck there.

Whats more is you cannot even press DEL or F2 and get into the bios, it won't respond at all. I can se my keyboard is getting power because its leds for caps and num lock etc light up, but other than that its non responsive.

The motherboard has 4 status lights "BOOT_LED, VGA_LED, DRAM_LED, CPU_LED", I can see it cycles through them, and then gets stuck on the BOOT_LED (supposedly if any stay lit, thats an indicator of the issue of some sort).

My challenge is, whats the problem here? If my SSD died, why can't I even get into the BIOS setup. I've made an attempt at doing the CMOS reset, but I'm not certain it worked, and its just doing the exact same thing getting locked at that ASUS screen.

Any thoughts? Should I take my ssd out to see if it does soemthing different? Do i need a new motherboard?

Mar 30, 2020
I've got the same issue with Asus Prime x370-Pro motherboard.

Tried reseating battery
CMOS reset from the jumper
changed the RAM Sticks

no luck :(

Mar 24, 2020
It turns out my m.2 ssd was causing it to hang. I removed it and booted with no drive and it got into bios. Then I flashed an updated bios for the prime x570 and then reinserted my m.2 ssd.

It found the drive and it had no boot sector for my main partition. I used windows recovery partition and it reinstalled, and was able to keep my user folder. All software had to be reinstalled though

Mar 24, 2020
It turns out my m.2 ssd was causing it to hang. I removed it and booted with no drive and it got into bios. Then I flashed an updated bios for the prime x570 and then reinserted my m.2 ssd.

It found the drive and it had no boot sector for my main partition. I used windows recovery partition and it reinstalled, and was able to keep my user folder. All software had to be reinstalled though
The lesson here is if you get a hung post screen start removing stuff until you can get into bios, and if none of that works then maybe it is the mobo. Thankfully for me it was just a corrupted boot sector.

I'm ordering a new ssd though to be safe.

Mar 30, 2020
I'm glad you got your issue resolved.

I've removed everything apart from RAM and CPU still stuck with the issue.

Asus came back with the same steps for the troubleshooting and have now suggested to send the board for RMA.

Mar 24, 2020
I'm glad you got your issue resolved.

I've removed everything apart from RAM and CPU still stuck with the issue.

Asus came back with the same steps for the troubleshooting and have now suggested to send the board for RMA.

Bummer, are you getting the post screen at all with yours? Mine said ASUS, and the little status lights definitely got past the CPU check and Memory check. Bummer though about yours not working after taking those things off.

Jun 19, 2020
Chiming in here to say I've had exactly the same problem. I can only get into the BIOS settings when all SATA / m2 drives are disconnected. The motherboard is running the latest Asus BIOS (1407).

Sounds like a serious bug in their motherboard firmware tbh - as everything else seems to function just fine.

TRENDING THREADS