[SOLVED] Asus Prime z270-A Motherboard problem

suki97

Commendable
Nov 24, 2020
Hello everyone! Yesterday my friend bought Asus Prime z270-A Motherboard, i connected everything perfectly even i replaced thermal paste, booted up everything worked just like in dreams. So my friend decided that i should give him r7 graphics card which i think earlier on my other MOBO died somehow idk i wasn't sure if it was dead or not, i turned off pc, inserted GPU connected 6-pin connector put in HDMI cable and then when i tried to power it on it started booting then stopped and since then it won't boot or show RGB lights which are on MOBO, won't do anything PWR_LED is green, tried diff SUPPLY not working still.. He has Corsair 750w PSU, anyone know what should i do? :)

Thanks for reply!

Solution
I see you have everything connected, but I did not see you powering up the system.
When you are taking a video move slow and smoothly and try using landscape instead or portrait.
Could you post the components you are using on the build.
Power off PSU and unplug power cord.
Removed then non working R7.
Reset the CMOS by removing the motherboard battery.
Remove RAM and disconnect any drive plugged into the system and any USB device.
Check that the 24-pin and 8-pin power connectors are seated properly on the motherboard.
Install only one RAM module on socket A2 (2nd from CPU).
Place back the CMOS battery.
Connect the power cord and power on PSU.
Connect the HDMI cable to the motherboard.
Connect the keyboard to a USB 2.0 port
Power on the PC and press the Delete key on your keyboard to enter into the BIOS.
If the PC powers on and you are able to enter into the BIOS , power off again.
Install any other RAM modules and connect any drive back.
Power on the PC.

Post back with any results.

suki97

Commendable
Nov 24, 2020
Could you post the components you are using on the build.
Removed then non working R7.
Reset the CMOS by removing the motherboard battery.
Remove RAM and disconnect any drive plugged into the system and any USB device.
Check that the 24-pin and 8-pin power connectors are seated properly on the motherboard.
Install only one RAM module on socket A2 (2nd from CPU).
Place back the CMOS battery.
Connect the HDMI cable to the motherboard.
Connect the keyboard to a USB 2.0 port
Power on the PC and press the Delete key on your keyboard to enter into the BIOS.
If the PC powers on and you are able to enter into the BIOS , power off again.
Install any other RAM modules and connect any drive back.
Power on the PC.

Post back with any results.

Celeron G3900 it was already in it, but we were planing in changing it someday when he gets paid to Core i7-7700K, PSU is Corsair cx750m, RAM is Ripjaws G-Skill 8gb DDR4 (and is installed in 2nd from proc), sata 500gb ssd 250gb ig that's it..

We did remove the battery, reconnected multiple times, put ram on 1st then 2nd part, nothing happened, we did it already it just won't turn on the RGB lights or anything other, just power led is blinking lightly that's pretty much it.. I did remove the not working r7 that time when system shut down itself.. Maybe i should try by ur sequence ?

TRENDING THREADS