ASUS Prime Z370-A and Corsair AX-1600i not working

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Hello, without the case, I connected the PSU to the motherboard. I connected the 24PIN ATX split cable to the 24PIN ATX ports on the top right of the PSU and the other end to the EATXPWR port of the motherboard.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12645/the-corsair-ax1600i-psu-review-unparalleled-performance/2

Then, I used a EPS cable to connect Port 10 at the bottom of the PSU to the EATX12V port of the motherboard.

I also connected the Noctua NH-D15S cooler to the CPU_Fan port of the motherboard.

When I turned on the PSU, the LEDs on the motherboard were on but nothing showed up on the screen. The Fan also did not move. I chatted with an ASUS agent. He asked me to remove everything except for the CPU and took out the CMOS battery. Wait for 30 sec and put it back and reconnected the two cables. After I turned on the PSU, same thing. LEDs were on but nothing on the screen nor the fan is moving. The agent asked me to RMA it. He thinks it is DOA of motherboard but did not rule out the possibility of DOA of RAM as well.

Based on your experience, what is happening?

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Do you think it is problem of the motherboard or the RAM or both? Newegg told me that unless the RAM is defective, they are going to charge me a restocking fee of 15%. Since nothing shows up on the screen, I cannot test if the RAM is defective. ASUS Tech support is not sure if it is the motherboard or the ram or both. The return period of other components are approaching next week. I have no time to order another motherboard and try. As you may know from another thread ("PSU's power connector's orientation is rotated by 90 degrees relative to the power adapter cable of the Be Quiet Dark Base 900" ), I also have issue with the sudden change in specifications of the Corsair PSU. They just asked me to buy another power cord without explaining why the pins are oriented differently from the ones shown on the product page.