Question Asus prime z390 a has power led but will not start.

Jun 14, 2021
Specs:
Mobo: Asus Prime z390 a
Cpu: i7 9700kf
Cpu cooler: corsair master liquid 240L RGB
Gpu: zotac rtx 2060 6gb
Ram: Corsair vengeance lpx 8gb x2
Power: toughpower Gx2 600w 80 gold
Ssd: wd black 1tb
————————
Problem: mobo led power indicator is on but when I try to turn it on nothing happens. I plugged the 24 pin into my old mobo and it instantly turned on. I’ve reseated every cable in the correct spots including the front panel cables. All of my parts work.

Jun 14, 2021
yes 8 pin is connected.
the only light that lights up is the one indicating it’s receiving power
And nothing happens when I try to turn it on. None of the booting light light up either

Jun 14, 2021
Have you connected the 8pin power connector?

Do any of your Q leds light up.? Located adjacent to your DIMM slots.
Does the system attempt to POST (power on self test)?
[/QU
Have you connected the 8pin power connector?

Do any of your Q leds light up.? Located adjacent to your DIMM slots.
Does the system attempt to POST (power on self test)?
i think I replied wrong

Jun 14, 2021
Jun 14, 2021
Certainly a possibility that the PSU is faulty. Best way to tell is to swap the unit out with a known working unit of same or higher Wattage or have it tested under load.
I didn’t think there was compatibility ability issues with psu. That’s the only thing I can think of considering my old mobo works with it.

Jun 14, 2021
Hope you fresh installed the OS and didn't try to start up with another existing OS. That's a NO NO when updating MB and CPU. Extremes Bios confusion due to driver and hardware differences.
I haven’t even been able to start it so I don’t think that’s a problem… fortunately I have it on a sata cable so I can just unplug it and eventually get it on my new ssd. Plus shouldnt I be able to get into bios without an os