Question ASUS PRIME Z690-P WIFI D4

Nov 15, 2021
Does anyone recommend this motherboard with an i7 12700k? if not which one then?

Can't recommend since there are no reviews about VRM and other important parts. Is this PC going to be for working, gaming or what kind of usage? If you are not going to run heavy multicore loads with your CPU for long times, you should be fine with even Prime's VRM. How expensive is that Prime in your country? And do you need wifi for your mobo? That seems to make that mobo much more expensive, but yeah i understand that its handy and probably better than some cheap USB-wifis.

Reactions: Dan1667

Dan1667

Prominent
Nov 16, 2020
Can't recommend since there are no reviews about VRM and other important parts. Is this PC going to be for working, gaming or what kind of usage? If you are not going to run heavy multicore loads with your CPU for long times, you should be fine with even Prime's VRM. How expensive is that Prime in your country? And do you need wifi for your mobo? That seems to make that mobo much more expensive, but yeah i understand that its handy and probably better than some cheap USB-wifis.
Yeah, I searched for review but didn't find any. Seems nobody after it or recommend it. As for the price, it's on sale right now (Black Friday week) it's equal to 250 USD. The original price is at almost 300 USD. Wi-fi or not both at the same price 300 USD, but this with wi-fi is on the sale.

Nov 15, 2021
Yeah, I searched for review but didn't find any. Seems nobody after it or recommend it. As for the price, it's on sale right now (Black Friday week) it's equal to 250 USD. The original price is at almost 300 USD. Wi-fi or not both at the same price 300 USD, but this with wi-fi is on the sale.

Yeah these Z690 mobos are so new, that hard to find any tech-opinions about lower end mobos. But no worries, Asus Prime's are not bad mobo's that i can assure you, you will get PCIE5 and all the new stuff like with other mobos.

If you are going to build a PC for typical use like gaming orso, go for it. Just check the specs of that mobo and make sure you got everything you need for your setup. But if you plan to run some heavy loads with your CPU, i'd take some mobo with better VRM, because that Prime VRM is not probably great, since its Asus lowest budget model of Z690-series.

And 12700k is gonna be pretty power hungry on multicore loads, so if you are not on tight budget, i'd grab something like MSI Tomahawk or Asus TUF, if those are not too expensive in your country. But again, if you are just ''average user'' there is no need for those, i've had cheap motherboards so many times, and never had any issues, even when stressing out cheaper VRM's. And that Prime seems to have decent VRM judging by count of powerphases.

Reactions: Dan1667

Dan1667

Prominent
Nov 16, 2020
Yeah these Z690 mobos are so new, that hard to find any tech-opinions about lower end mobos. But no worries, Asus Prime's are not bad mobo's that i can assure you, you will get PCIE5 and all the new stuff like with other mobos.

If you are going to build a PC for typical use like gaming orso, go for it. Just check the specs of that mobo and make sure you got everything you need for your setup. But if you plan to run some heavy loads with your CPU, i'd take some mobo with better VRM, because that Prime VRM is not probably great, since its Asus lowest budget model of Z690-series.

And 12700k is gonna be pretty power hungry on multicore loads, so if you are not on tight budget, i'd grab something like MSI Tomahawk or Asus TUF, if those are not too expensive in your country. But again, if you are just ''average user'' there is no need for those, i've had cheap motherboards so many times, and never had any issues, even when stressing out cheaper VRM's. And that Prime seems to have decent VRM judging by count of powerphases.
I appreciate your response, thank you.

Reactions: Lacsative