Asus Product Quality?

G

Has the quality of Asus changed over the past couple years? My understanding is that they no longer manufacture motherboards themselves, nor do they source production to their former subsidiary, Pegatron (who was pressured by Apple to drop their contracts with Asus). Consequently, their boards are now made by companies like ECS.....

In theory, ASRock should be particularly strong since the Pegatron group absorbed most of the engineering talent and know-how. Nevertheless, commitment to quality seems to trump everything else, and ASRock has a spotty reputation in this regard.

Solution
I've built about 35 machines in the past two years of varying levels for different uses. I've used asus boards and components for 33 of those without a single failure. 2 gigabyte boards used in ITX builds for affordable integrated wifi and BT, both failed on arrival.

It's not a solid answer, but from my own experience, I recommend Asus boards to everyone for everything. Even if the component is 10% more expensive than a similar board from a competitor, not needing to tear a machine down to replace a component with the added RMA time etc etc is well worth it.
I've built about 35 machines in the past two years of varying levels for different uses. I've used asus boards and components for 33 of those without a single failure. 2 gigabyte boards used in ITX builds for affordable integrated wifi and BT, both failed on arrival.

It's not a solid answer, but from my own experience, I recommend Asus boards to everyone for everything. Even if the component is 10% more expensive than a similar board from a competitor, not needing to tear a machine down to replace a component with the added RMA time etc etc is well worth it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS