[SOLVED] ASUS Q325UA SSD not detected in BIOS

Feb 1, 2020
Hello everyone!

I need to know what's happening with my ASUS Q325UA that does not detect the M.2 512GB SATA III. Every time I turn on the laptop it goes to the BIOS. I'm not sure yet if the SSD has failed. Before this, the problem was intermittent, sometimes it did load Windows, and sometimes don't. I have not make any changes to the BIOS.

Attached a picture where you can see the Storage area all empty, like if there is no SSD on the laptop.

Watch the BIOS screen in this link.

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're missing the storage in your BIOS, then it's possible that the SSD is faulty or failing. You might want to power down the laptop, disconnect from the wall/adapter and then take out the SSD. You can then try and rub the contact for the M.2 SSD with an eraser. See if that helps.

Also, have you tried updating the BIOS from the BIOS screen? I can see that the UAR SKU has a BIOS version 309 as it's latest BIOS while the UA SKU has a BIOS version of 308.

It might be worth taking the SSD over to a donor system(with an M.2 slot available) to rule out a dead SSD.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're missing the storage in your BIOS, then it's possible that the SSD is faulty or failing. You might want to power down the laptop, disconnect from the wall/adapter and then take out the SSD. You can then try and rub the contact for the M.2 SSD with an eraser. See if that helps.

Also, have you tried updating the BIOS from the BIOS screen? I can see that the UAR SKU has a BIOS version 309 as it's latest BIOS while the UA SKU has a BIOS version of 308.

It might be worth taking the SSD over to a donor system(with an M.2 slot available) to rule out a dead SSD.

Solution
Feb 1, 2020
Thank you very much for your answer. First thing I'm going to do is update the BIOS. Second I will buy an USB adapter for the M.2 hard drive since it was failing before "probably" dying I want to be sure that is the hard drive (before buying a new one), sadly I have no other way to try it.

Cleaning was the first thing I tried with no success.

Thanks again for your time, I really appreciate it!.

Feb 1, 2020
Hi,

I just receive an M.2 SSD drive to USB adapter, and I am able to see the content of the hard drive. It looks like the hard drive is OK. Like you said "UAR SKU has a BIOS version 309 as it's latest BIOS while the UA SKU has a BIOS version of 308. " Mine is UA, so I have the latest BIOS update (308). So, the question is: Is the motherboard the problem?

Thanks!