asus r7 260x give me your opinion.

jimakos101

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
I just ordered an asus r7 260x,but after some research and reviews (toms hardware,,etc) i found out that most of people are getting pixel flickering and black screens after some weeks(gpu failure).What do you think?From your experience?I can still change my order and afford a msi 260x(if it doesnt run with problems).I just really dont want to be disapointed...

Thanks for reading,and please give me your thoughts.

I wonder how much time it takes for that error to appear, I helped a friend of mine to install around 20x R7 260x (XFX) for his Lan Center, this was almost 3 months ago, so far not a single problem with them.

EDIT: sorry, I just understood the issue is specifically with the Asus version, if there are such reviews better switch to another brand.

jimakos101

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
I just saw that the msi is same price with the xfx? Any thoughts ? Maybe xfx has better quality products? As you told me your friend has 20x of them without problems.Give me your opinion please.

jimakos101

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
I am ordering it from where i live,in Greece.I know that i have 3 years waranty,but i dont know if i can take a refund of my money so i can buy the MSI or XFX.

EDIT: it has 7 day period for a bad item to be replaced.So.?

Check both MSI and XFX reviews, see which seems more reliable and go with it, just keep in mind that at least on the case of the XFX, it might not have all the fancies the ASUS has (perhaps slightly more OC, better appereance, maybe even better cooler) but the card does what it has to do with no issues at all.

jimakos101

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
i think i found my final solution,i will change my order to a xfx 260x since after some research i found out that it is more reliable and running with less problems,than the asus.But i am not sure about the cooling issues,since i am getting a cheap case without good air flow...

Don't worry about it, the R7 260x doesn't hit high temps, but regardless of which GPU you get you should try to have a decent airflow inside your case, as long as you have at least one fan getting fresh air inside the case (ideally a front fan or a fan at the bottom of the case) and 2 fans taking air out of it (one in the back, one on top), it should give you a decent air flow, the bigger the fans the better.