Question asus radeon HD 7700 2g gddr5 no video.

CrazyPwn

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
I got this asus radeon HD 7700 2g gddr5 card in a asus M5A97 LE R2.0 MB 8gb ram and AMD FX proc. And a 550 watt psu... the led 1(led 2 not lit but believe that indicates only one card running and not in sli config) on the graphics card is lit, MB led lit, all fans run and power on. Ive reseated everything and did everything possible to reset bios\discharge the MB also to clear anything on ram and even changed out the cmos battery. Running it on the HDMI port(waiting on dvi cable to come in to test those ports as well) . any suggestions would be nice ty. (Yes ive rechecked all cables, drives, CPU, fans, etc)

CrazyPwn

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
I got this asus radeon HD 7700 2g gddr5 card in a asus M5A97 LE R2.0 MB 8gb ram and AMD FX proc. And a 500 watt psu... the led 1(led 2 not lit but believe that indicates only one card running and not in sli config) on the graphics card is lit, MB led lit, all fans run and power on. Ive reseated everything and did everything possible to reset bios\discharge the MB also to clear anything on ram and even changed out the cmos battery. Running it on the HDMI port(waiting on dvi cable to come in to test those ports as well) . any suggestions would be nice ty. (Yes ive rechecked all cables, drives, CPU, fans, etc)

Lutfij

Titan
First off, you've listed your specs generically. What FX processor do you have? How old is the PSU and what is it's make and model? 550/500 is the wattage, mind you, that doesn't tell us much. The 7700 you mention is that of a series, which 7700, do you have? There's a 7750, 7770, 7790.

CrazyPwn

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
First off, you've listed your specs generically. What FX processor do you have? How old is the PSU and what is it's make and model? 550/500 is the wattage, mind you, that doesn't tell us much.
I got this pc from someone that doesnt know much on computers and seeing as I cant see anything I'm not sure exactly what the CPU model fx(could be phenom II but not sure less I wipe the proc off and see it) but the psu is a Roswell photon 550 modular. 2x 4gb crucial ballistix sport 1600mhz ddr3 ram,

CrazyPwn

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
Believe I may have found the issue but correct me if im mistaken. The graphics card is a pci-e 3.0 but the MB only has the pci-e 2.0 slots....if its backwards capable it should run. The slot it was in was a x16 speed(yes speed not size) but the other pci-e slot only runs at x4(both pci-e x16 2.0 slots but one just runs faster then other. No onboard graphics to test anything. May have an old3r card that is pci 2.0 but would love to get this one to run.