Asus Radeon HD 7850 2gb problem

Gunchasg

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015
Hello, Lately I was starting to get a problem with my gpu.
About 1 time in a Week I was getting a grey screen with black or white stripes, sometimes it's different color and my pc just freezes. I try to restart, but my monitor is like in sleeping mode, it is detecting my GPU, but isn't turning on! One time I got lucky and after 20+ restarts everything was fine, monitor was showing everything.! But now, I'm having the same problem, And it seems not to work anymore, my gpu is not working for about 3 days since the grey screen of vertical lines.

I know it's GPU's problem because I'm connected to my integrated gpu and everything works fine.
I have uninstalled gpu, cleaned it gently, installed it back, but still, nothing seems to work.

Some time ago, i got like 3-4 grey screens in 2 day interval, but with a single restart, it all went ok.
Now im fustrating, because nothing seems to work! My card was bought in late 2012.

Temps were never getting past 65 celsius.
Fans are working properly.

I don't know what to do. ;/
Is my card dead? It cant be! :(((

My monitor DETECTS my gpu, because, when I unplug monitor, it says connect to blablabla to that, and when i connect it to my gpu that sign is away. But when I turn my pc, my monitor is not doing anything.

I wan't to know, why i was able to make it go before but not now! What would be the cause of this problem?

It was all ok for 3 years, it can't be dead that soon. And I can't RMA my card, because it's expired! ;d

Sorry for my bad english. :/

EDIT: Should I try and put it in oven?

Devildjinn

Honorable
Jun 4, 2015
Remove heat sink and fan, clean it up with rubbing alcohol. Attempt a reflow. Google reflow gpu. Reapply thermal paste, with something good, like arctic silver 5. And try it.
Bit of a chore, i know, but what do you have to lose?

Gunchasg

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015
But if the problem might be the Vram or something else, would it fix it? ;d Atleast would it have a chance to be fixed?:D

Devildjinn

Honorable
Jun 4, 2015
If its the vram, theres nothing you can do about that.
as of now you have a gpu that doesnt work, you can either buy a new one, or attempt to fix it, thats assuming you tried the obvious like different monitor, replace display cable etc.

TRENDING THREADS