Asus Rampage V Edition10

roadrash 1

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
I have been pulling my hair out to figure out what mobo and cpu i wanted for my first build. i came up with, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 mobo- 6850k cpu.

im going to watercool it but since they havnt made a full waterblock for it or atleast i havnt seen one i guess all air cool it until they make one. im not going to overclock it until later. what cpu fan will work on that mobo is my question just something to get me by for right now. any advice would be appreciated.

Solution
You don't need a full waterblock to watercool it. I'd get something in the somewhat inexpensive division of CPU waterblocks and get your loop planned out and running, then when or if a full cover block comes out, you can then change out the blocks. Other than that, there are plenty of air coolers that will fit, just check 2011-v3 compatibility, the major players should all have stuff for you, and most 30 - 50$ air coolers should suffice til you get your water running.

EDIT: 2011 will fit NPs.
You don't need a full waterblock to watercool it. I'd get something in the somewhat inexpensive division of CPU waterblocks and get your loop planned out and running, then when or if a full cover block comes out, you can then change out the blocks. Other than that, there are plenty of air coolers that will fit, just check 2011-v3 compatibility, the major players should all have stuff for you, and most 30 - 50$ air coolers should suffice til you get your water running.

EDIT: 2011 will fit NPs.

Solution