News Asus Registers GeForce RTX 3070 Noctua Graphics Card, Hinting at a Possible Collaboration of Two Brands

Please Noctua, get rid of all the fancy RGB and plastic shenanigans... Make it look decent, simple and shame everyone else in cooling performance. We don't want or need behemoth cards full of unnecessary plastic that can't fit anywhere!

YES. No RGB, but good and quiet fans for RTX 30xx and upcoming cards. Will like also AMD GPUs with such fans as well.

Reactions: bigdragon

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
What I expect: A brown, double slot, double fan card with great fan performance, very low noise, and a basic, utilitarian design. No bling or RGB. Simple box. All function and performance. High price due to Asus tax and Noctua tax. Minimal availability that is immediately scalped.

What we'll probably receive: A black and grey, 2.5 slot, triple fan card with great performance and noise. RGB ROG logos everywhere. Different colored silicone bumpers and inserts to swap. Ridiculous, over-designed box designed for YouTubers focused on unboxing experiences. Prices that make scalpers sweat. Zero availability because they're all sold to mining farms, but Asus/ROG twitter will promote the crap out of these unobtainable cards.

Reactions: kmi187 and Krotow
What I expect: A brown, double slot, double fan card with great fan performance, very low noise, and a basic, utilitarian design. No bling or RGB. Simple box. All function and performance. High price due to Asus tax and Noctua tax. Minimal availability that is immediately scalped.

What we'll probably receive: A black and grey, 2.5 slot, triple fan card with great performance and noise. RGB ROG logos everywhere. Different colored silicone bumpers and inserts to swap. Ridiculous, over-designed box designed for YouTubers focused on unboxing experiences. Prices that make scalpers sweat. Zero availability because they're all sold to mining farms, but Asus/ROG twitter will promote the crap out of these unobtainable cards.

I actually think we will see what you expect except not only in brown.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
it's not gonna happen, and if it does, it will not even remotely resemble the performance and tolerances noctua demands.

people are forgetting that noctua takes not months, but YEARS to release a product. and for them to make this announcement during a pandemic? not a chance.

hannibal

Distinguished
Well i really hope no nonsense gpu! I use mainly noctua fans and could not be more happy to see those also in gpus!
What i hope is pure heatsink and easy to swap standard noctua cooler/coolers on top of it. If for some unknown reason one fan would broke down ten fifteen year later, i could just order new fan and easily take of the old and install the new one! That would be heavenly good solution!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Krotow