News Asus Releases ROG Swift PG42UQ and PG48UQ OLED Gaming Monitors

slurmsmckenzie

Reputable
Apr 12, 2021
Well they are a bit different, to quote HDTVTest: 1) they have a heatsink = better for desktop use, 2) they may have higher peak brightness = relevant for HDR gaming, 3) they have DisplayPort, which leads to 4) they have a slightly higher refresh rate and 5) they behave like a PC monitor for sleep / wake-up functions.

But I'd still agree that I'd prefer to see a higher refresh rate 32" OLED than something so similar to a TV!

samopa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2015
32", 240Hz, Curved, OLED Monitor is preferable for me, and also no speaker. I prefer using headphones, do not want to wake the wife when gaming at night is prolonged. ;)

_Shatta_AD_

Reputable
Jan 27, 2020
What’s with companies releasing bigger and bigger screens? Anything above 32” isn’t for gamers. I play FPS games and at 27” with the monitor sitting on a desk ~3 feet away, I’m already having a hard time catching all the action within my peripheral vision and sometimes I find myself turning my head rapidly left and right to get everything in focus and it slows down my reaction time when an enemy pops around the corner or out through a window near the edge of the screen.
My desk size is already slightly larger than typical so I can’t imagine how far back you’d have to sit from your desk with a 42”+ monitor to game comfortably.

Aug 28, 2022
I'm all for a 4K, 40ish", non-curved either OLED or ideally miniLED (with many many dimming zones) monitor: not so much for gaming, but as a large format monitor, with loads of desktop space, no need for multiple monitors, and great for media consumption as well. This monitor ticks those boxes: and with DP and proper monitor sleep/wake should be better than using a C2 panel.