News Asus ROG Ally mentioned in latest SteamOS 3 beta release notes — Valve's platform expansion ambitions take shape

Status
Not open for further replies.

usertests

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013
Come on Valve. Release SteamOS for the general PC and I'll jump ship immediately.

Regards.
Same. I have no interest in Windows 11. Bazzite looks good, but I could wait for a generally optimized SteamOS 3 instead. I would like to try it on a cheap system with an older Intel CPU and RX 7300/7400 or RTX 3050 6GB.

ezst036

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
Come on Valve. Release SteamOS for the general PC and I'll jump ship immediately.

Regards.

Same. I have no interest in Windows 11. Bazzite looks good, but I could wait for a generally optimized SteamOS 3 instead. I would like to try it on a cheap system with an older Intel CPU and RX 7300/7400 or RTX 3050 6GB.

Just curious. I genuinely do not know.

What exactly does a SteamOS offer you that you cannot get by Ubuntu-install-Steam or LinuxMint-install-Steam?

Best I can tell, every Steam enabled game works (or doesn't due to anti-cheat etc) just the same on Linux? and SteamOS runs the widely available KDE desktop?

Last edited:
Just curious. I genuinely do not know.

What exactly does a SteamOS offer you that you cannot get by Ubuntu-install-Steam or LinuxMint-install-Steam?

Best I can tell, every Steam enabled game works (or doesn't due to anti-cheat etc) just the same on Linux? and SteamOS runs the widely available KDE desktop?
Valve updates and Steam integration.

Also, Proton beta/stable channels integrated to the OS withour having to set anything extra or on the side up.

Regards.

Reactions: ezst036
Status
Not open for further replies.