Question Asus ROG B550-F issues with Ethernet Cable

Jul 10, 2020
Hi everyone, hope you are doing good!

I purchased this mother to run with a Ryzen 5 3600, and I'm facing the following trouble, it's not detecting the ethernet cable. I know that this cable in fact works because I used it until today with my old pc (amd fx 8350 + Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0)

initially i though that was the cable, i try it unplugging to a notebook, it worked.

Second suspect was the drivers, I looked for the official LAN driver in the AMD page, downloaded and installed, still dead.

I was kinda worried that it would be a hardware issue regarding the ethernet port (because neither TX or RX are On) but when I shut down my pc one of the LEDs of the ports turned on for a sec.

Any idead to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks!!!

kanewolf

Titan

I purchased this mother to run with a Ryzen 5 3600, and I'm facing the following trouble, it's not detecting the ethernet cable. I know that this cable in fact works because I used it until today with my old pc (amd fx 8350 + Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0)

initially i though that was the cable, i try it unplugging to a notebook, it worked.

Second suspect was the drivers, I looked for the official LAN driver in the AMD page, downloaded and installed, still dead.

I was kinda worried that it would be a hardware issue regarding the ethernet port (because neither TX or RX are On) but when I shut down my pc one of the LEDs of the ports turned on for a sec.

Thanks!!!
Did you do a clean OS install with the new motherboard ?

Jul 19, 2020

Thanks!!!

I do have the exact same issue. Have you fixed it already?
Same Mobo, same CPU. Same problem with the ethernet cable. The cable works fine with my notebook too. Also, I tried different official (AMD and Intel) drivers (e.g. 1.0.1.4, 1.0.1.7).
Does anyone have a solution yet?