[SOLVED] Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero USB header

Feb 4, 2022
I have a Corsair 5000x RGB Case and I am looking at getting the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero. When I made a parts list in PCpartpicker I get the following warning/note:
Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case has a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A port, but the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ATX AM4 Motherboard does not have sufficient USB 3.2 Gen 1 headers. The case USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A port will not be usable.
Now from my understanding this means that the USB ports on the front panel wouldn't work. Is my understanding correct, and if it is, is there an adapter that I can get so that they would work?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 (up to 10Gbps) connector
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (up to 5Gbps) connector support additional 2 USB ports

^ from here.

Per the manual on Corsair's site, here, page 11... you're good to go. Seems PCPartPicker is doing this again...like it did last year with some other components. I just looked through your motherboard manual, page 1-2, you're going to be fine!

Mind sharing the PCPartPicker list with us?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 (up to 10Gbps) connector
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (up to 5Gbps) connector support additional 2 USB ports

^ from here.

Per the manual on Corsair's site, here, page 11... you're good to go. Seems PCPartPicker is doing this again...like it did last year with some other components. I just looked through your motherboard manual, page 1-2, you're going to be fine!

Mind sharing the PCPartPicker list with us?

Solution