Asus' ROG Gladius Gaming Mouse Has Two USB Cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovah-chan

Honorable
Any discerning user will notice that this mouse bears a strikingly strong resemblance to the deathadder. The two mice are of course fairly different besides the shape and basic features though. The advanced features such as changing out switches and including extra mice feet is really kind of them.

I know many people who would prefer a rubber cable over a braided one as well. I prefer rubber as well because a lot of braided cables cause drag and pull the mouse down if it hangs off your desk.

It might match my new black and red K70 but if Asus included an RGB LED in an update (as well as getting rid of the text and just keeping the logo) then I can see a huge amount of people preferring this over the deathadder.

Lmah

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Remove the "ROG" branding, I would defiantly buy this thing but I can't have any more "ROG" symbols on my computer it looks really tacky. Wish these companies would make the gaming branding optional for consumers.

dovah-chan

Honorable
I can see what you mean by that. There are ROG: laptops, mice, mouse pads, keyboards, GPUs, motherboards, PCI-E SSD(s), monitor(s), small form factor gaming desktops, and a sleuth of other ROG branded and related products. I can see it getting tacky having the same logo everywhere. Also what exactly is the ROG logo? After all these years I'm just now starting to think about it and I have no idea.

trebor1089

Reputable
Aug 7, 2014
I always see a duck.

Looks quite nice. If those replaceable switches are quieter then the usual unnecessary loud switches I'm sold

dovah-chan

Honorable
Because of the extra latency introduced by bluetooth connections. 2.4GHz wireless mice usually don't suffer from much latency up close, but as close as you'd have to get to the receiver to have playable latency with a wireless mouse, you might as well be using a wired mouse that is guaranteed to have no latency issues at and doesn't require batteries.

Most companies just go with wired because it's cheaper and it causes less headaches as well as performing better.

Although I guess Asus could engineer a decent wireless gaming mouse but I would see them giving it the price of something like the Razer Mamba and not really being worth it.

drezzz

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Looks like Asus really did their research with this mouse, with features for serious enthusiasts rather than useless features like swappable weights, needlessly heavy scroll wheels, flimsy thumb rests...

ratchet256

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
When is it available on US amazon.com? I want to buy it now! :)

Actually I've wanted to buy it since I heard about it and I'm just getting a little impatient x)

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Quote from dovah-chan:
"Because of the extra latency introduced by bluetooth connections. 2.4GHz wireless mice usually don't suffer from much latency up close, but as close as you'd have to get to the receiver to have playable latency with a wireless mouse, you might as well be using a wired mouse that is guaranteed to have no latency issues at and doesn't require batteries.

Most companies just go with wired because it's cheaper and it causes less headaches as well as performing better. "

I strongly disagree. You're argument seems to assume that people want wireless mice because they can move further way than a standard mouse cable would allow. Au contraire! If gamers are sensitive to whether the cable is rubber or braided, then certainly having no cable at all, even if it is as close to the receiver as a wired mouse, also makes a difference. I personally have a Logitech mouse that allows me to optionally connect a cable for recharging or for general use when the batteries are low - the BEST of both worlds. The added drag from having a cable attached is really noticeable when you get used to the effortless movement of the wireless mouse. Particularly if you are "finger tip" mouser as I am. I've had my mouse for years and never even think about batteries because, as mentioned, the included optional cable can be connected at any time which recharges the batteries even while I continue to use it. My mouse also included an extension cable for the receiver so that I can set the receiver as close to my mouse as needed for example to avoid latency for when the computer case is under the desk. As far as wired mouse being cheaper -- well there are always cheaper mice than what gamers typically use. If gamers wanted the cheapest mice on the market companies like razor wouldn't exist.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
that's something completely new... offering replaceable switches? well original set should last you like a decade... do they expect fast failure? do they offer inferior switches? at least that's what it looks like to me.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
that's something completely new... offering replaceable switches? well original set should last you like a decade... do they expect fast failure? do they offer inferior switches? at least that's what it looks like to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.