[SOLVED] Asus ROG Helios Cooling

Jun 22, 2021
Well, I have a bit of a possible issue. My CPU is idleing around 40c and I'm trying to get that down at least 5c.

I have replaced fans and was curious if it's a problem with my cooling setup or fan choices.

I have 4 CoolerMaster 140MF fans. 3 on the front of the case as intake and 1 on the back as exhaust. Also, as a side note, they're running at a maximum of 1500RPM when advertised as 1800. They're connected to a hub in the back of the case. All 4 are running from the CPU_Fan header. Should I take 1 off and put it on the CPU_OPT? And/or possible other inputs.

I have the Asus Ryujin 360MM mounted at the top with 3 Lian Li Bora-Digial 120 fans mounted on the bottom of it as intakes.

My CPU is an i9-9900K OC'd to 5.0Ghz on an Asus Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi). Ideling at 40c and about 50-60 when playing FFXIV and a couple of other titles. Let me know if anymore information is needed, thanks!

Solution
Minor Variations in ambient can vary 5C so you have nothing to be concerned about.
CPU_OPT is a replication of CPU_FAN header. Use a splitter cable to use two fans on each.
You need 4pin pwm fans for control in Bios fan curve control ( some MB's have DC control) 3pin fans require a hub.
Fan connection from the radiator fans to CPU_FAN should be always left at 100%.
Minor Variations in ambient can vary 5C so you have nothing to be concerned about.
CPU_OPT is a replication of CPU_FAN header. Use a splitter cable to use two fans on each.
You need 4pin pwm fans for control in Bios fan curve control ( some MB's have DC control) 3pin fans require a hub.
Fan connection from the radiator fans to CPU_FAN should be always left at 100%.

Last edited:
Solution