ASUS ROG Max VIII Hero

xenia

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
hey all, every so often I hear a pretty loud pop from my speakers (its not a speakers issue). This occurs sometimes at start up or when a windows notification appears. I asked on the ASUS forums and they said it was a known Windows 10 problem. My audio drivers are up to date from the ASUS support page and otherwise my computer works great. No device problems or yellow bangs/exclamation marks.

Any thoughts other than waiting for a windows fix?

Solution
If ASUS is aware of the problem and acknowledges that it is directly connected to Windows 10 I can't think of a better solution than just to wait. Motherboard companies are all working quite hard right now to get their drivers updated for Windows 10, so hopefully it won't be a long wait.
If ASUS is aware of the problem and acknowledges that it is directly connected to Windows 10 I can't think of a better solution than just to wait. Motherboard companies are all working quite hard right now to get their drivers updated for Windows 10, so hopefully it won't be a long wait.

Solution

xenia

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
According to their forums they are aware, but I have also seen threads four to five years old for past boards complaining about the same issue. I didn't see solutions in the older threads and I would assume the problems were corrected overtime.

Thanks!