Review Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Review: Gaming Router Opulence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergei Tachenov

Commendable
Jan 22, 2021
What, ONE 2.5 GbE port? So, if I send some data to that port at 2.5 Gbits/s, where is it supposed to go, since there are no other ports to match this speed?

shaolin95

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2004
This router is fantastic. I upgraded from a highly regarded xr500 and this asus is far superior. In a dead spot i used to get 30Mb down now o get almost 300Mb.
My CSGO went from around 2:1 to 3:1 or even 4:1 ratios (heck even had a few 5:1 so far). Is like every shot I always felt was not registering before is doing so now.
I also love i can dedicate a band to my quest 2 for wireless gaming.
Big improvement!

ittimjones

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
What, ONE 2.5 GbE port? So, if I send some data to that port at 2.5 Gbits/s, where is it supposed to go, since there are no other ports to match this speed?

The article doesn't seem to mention that it also supports WAN teaming. So as long as the teaming port isn't the same as the 2.5Gbps port, than you will get the teamed 2Gbps to the internet.

Sergei Tachenov

Commendable
Jan 22, 2021
Ah, yes, it makes sense then. I see it also supports LAN teaming too, so I guess I can use a NAS that supports LAN aggregation and a PC with a 2.5 GbE NIC on the other end.

mrv_co

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2016
Someone forgot to include "Ugly AF" under "Against". And what shelf exists that can't support 3.8 pounds? I'm just glad my UniFi WAPs have outstanding coverage and don't require the fugly antenna farm.

saunupe1911

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2016
This router is fantastic. I upgraded from a highly regarded xr500 and this asus is far superior. In a dead spot i used to get 30Mb down now o get almost 300Mb.
My CSGO went from around 2:1 to 3:1 or even 4:1 ratios (heck even had a few 5:1 so far). Is like every shot I always felt was not registering before is doing so now.
I also love i can dedicate a band to my quest 2 for wireless gaming.
Big improvement!

Be sure to get a warranty. I'm a long time owner of a GT-AC5300. This is the ROG version with 8 ethernet ports which is what this thing should have as well. Welp the Wifi is extremely stable with pretty good range but the bottom row of ethernet ports will simply just stop working. I have to reboot a few times to get them to turn back on. It's so annoying and obliviously I'm out of warranty. At this point I realize why this model only has 4 smh.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
This is a pretty insane router. The anti-malware is nice, though I don't know how good it would be in future more developed TLS 1.3 secured malware communication, but it will as hell catch most of the current ones.

I hope it comes on as well by default and the protection is forever, this could be great for a house that splurges in one in terms of savings for protecting IoT devices.

I also can't believe that it looks like that, it's insane, almost like it's a prototype.

Jun 6, 2020
I've had the ax-11000 for a month or so now. Had an issue at the start with the NTP server settings but since i got it sorted all is good. For someone who uses VPN services such as NordVPN and ExpressVPN etc to circumvent geo location issues this router is really good.
With vpn fusion you can add multiple vpn servers and then choose which devices use or don't use a particular VPN. Looks wise its a bit of a beast which I've got used to and now like.

Status
Not open for further replies.