Question Asus ROG STRIX 2080 OC showing green lines from start up

Mar 28, 2019
Hi,

So I bought this RTX 2080 3 weeks ago. It was working fine. Never overclocked it. This morning, I turned my computer on, and there is my horizontal green on my monitor screens. Resolution went down from 3840 x 2160 to 600 something. I can barely see anything. I changed the display port to an HDMI cable. WHen I do this, the green lines disappear but the resolution is still low. When I right clicked, there is not Nvidia control panel. I went to device manager, in there, in RTX 2080, it says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" In the events tab, it says "PCIE something needs further installation". I checked the PCIE cable. I changed it with another PCIE cable. Doesnt work. I reinstalled windows and reinstalled the NVIDIA drivers. Doesnt work. So when I fresh install the windows and while the NVIDA drivers are not installed yet, the monitor still shows the green lines. If I may add, the monitor was connected to the GPU's HDMI port. And the green lines start as soon as I turn the computer on. So what does it mean? There is a problem with the brand new Graphics card that I bought with a 1000 bucks? It did work perfectly for 3 weeks. What am I supposed to do?

Motherboard: MSI X470 gaming plus
500 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD
16 GB DRR4 RAB
750 WATT PSU

here is a picture

I am leaning on the graphics card being the problem.

I bought an RTX 2080 Ti and when it failed the whole screen turned green.

NVidia was stellar with the replacement though. They over nighted me a new one without even having the old one in their possession yet.

Mar 28, 2019
I am leaning on the graphics card being the problem.

I bought an RTX 2080 Ti and when it failed the whole screen turned green.

NVidia was stellar with the replacement though. They over nighted me a new one without even having the old one in their possession yet.

yeah I already asked for a replacement. It's on its way.