Asus rog Strix b360g gaming audio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2018
High definition audio controler Stop working shows code 10. I reinstall driver sound (from asus) made some tutorials from internet noting working.Now not even audio device from board shows up. I have a Asus Rog String B-360G MotherBoard.

if it help heres cpu-z report

https://pastebin.com/pXFUScFf

Solution

The audio controller could simply be defective based on what you have tried.
Nov 8, 2018

Hey CoLGeek, yes i have HDAudio enable in BIOS, i can't see the device in Sound, or in Device Manager.

https://imgur.com/a/sw5xgBg (heres the device manager screen shot where the yellow exclamation pops up)

Nov 8, 2018
Did that too already, everytime i try uninstall windows install before i could even restart. So the steps i did till now:

-Uninstall asus realtek restart (dint work);
-Uninstall Nvidia and Intel drivers, because the hdmi audio could have a conflict (din't work);
-Install oldest driver from realtek (dint work);
-Block drivers update from windows and install realtek (din't work);
-Try solutions in regedit and also din't work.

I see a lot of report's with realtek driver have issues after this update. I made also a windows clean install and nothing change.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

The audio controller could simply be defective based on what you have tried.

Solution
Nov 8, 2018
That was my first call, but another people have the same problem. I will report this to the ASUS to see if he's a know issue and they are on it, because the board only have 4 months and only start have this behaviour after this windows update. My afraid is that for some reason this update broke the driver and for consequence broke the audio controller too. If anyone else have an idea/solution beside that please let me know.

Thanks for trying help @COLGeek

Nov 8, 2018
So an Update from my situation yesterday i read that if you full unplug the power from you pc the driver should start work. Why? because the fastboot enable, so when your drive got broken the motherboard never goes full power off so i decide to do it. Today i turn the pc on and the sound was working and drive working fine. Let me know if more of you solve your problem with this. Unplug or power off your power

Reactions: patrick1998
Status
Not open for further replies.