[SOLVED] Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming doesn't give sign of live

Jul 24, 2020
Hi,

I've now just recently built a desktop. I plugged it in the wall, turned on the PSU switch and nothing. No lights, no fans, no life. I've now searched for answers for a while but nothing.

I've checked and reconnected ALL the cables but nothing. Even the Power switch cable and I've also tried using my old pc's power switch.

Relevant components:
  • Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
  • AMD Ryzen 3900x
  • My 4 years old Corsair CX600M (Green label)

Ps: I know my old PSU works fine since I've reverted to my old pc, for now.

Thanks,
Dron1

Solution
My 4 years old Corsair CX600M (Green label)
Yeah that needs to be chucked into the bin and a reliable unit needs to go into your system.

I've reverted to my old pc
Specs to your old machine?

Apart from that, what slots are the rams populating?

Lutfij

Titan
Yeah that needs to be chucked into the bin and a reliable unit needs to go into your system.

Reactions: Dron1
Solution
A 4 year old CX600 is rare, they usually die way before that. The fact it’s 4 years old is a negative and not a positive.

Anyway I see one possible problem but I would have thought you would see some life out of the pc. That motherboard I believe may need a BIOS update before a 3000 series cpu will work. Do you know what BUOS version is installed?

Reactions: Dron1
Jul 24, 2020
A 4 year old CX600 is rare, they usually die way before that. The fact it’s 4 years old is a negative and not a positive.

Anyway I see one possible problem but I would have thought you would see some life out of the pc. That motherboard I believe may need a BIOS update before a 3000 series cpu will work. Do you know what BUOS version is installed?
Any recommendations?

Jul 24, 2020

Any recommendations?

A good quality 450w would run that setup then but for future upgrade headroom Id suggest a minimum of 550w. The newer CX550 or CX650 are a good step up over the old 500 & 600 but are still mid range. I would personally spend more on a high quality unit like the Seasonic Focus GX550 or 650 or the Seasonic Prime Ultra 550 or 650.

Jul 24, 2020
A good quality 450w would run that setup then but for future upgrade headroom Id suggest a minimum of 550w. The newer CX550 or CX650 are a good step up over the old 500 & 600 but are still mid range. I would personally spend more on a high quality unit like the Seasonic Focus GX550 or 650 or the Seasonic Prime Ultra 550 or 650.
Sure, I will get one later.

Much appreciated!!
Dron1