Question Asus Rog Strix B550-A - - - - Black screen & yellow light blinking ?

Feb 1, 2022
Hi! I am testing components that I bought:

ASUS b550-a rog strix
Ryzen 7 5800x
2x8 gb XPG DDR4 D50 RGB ram
Vetroo v5 cooler
GTX 970 gigabyte windforce.
Corsair RMX White Series (2018), RM850x

I am turning on the build (via shorting) but nothing comes to screen. Yellow light (DRAM) is blinking every 2 seconds. Motherboard makes sound as if it is going to turn down for a second then resumes. I am not sure what that is. Maybe it is in some kind of a loop? CPU and GPU fans are working, ram sticks' RGB lights are on.

• Tried different PSU and ram.
  • Updated BIOS via flashback, still no luck. USB flash is formatted in FAT32 as one partition. No other files on USB.
  • Screen cable is connected to GPU not mobo.
  • GPU works fine on other build.
  • Tried using only one stick of ram on different slots. No difference. The same problem persist.

Can anyone help me please?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which two slots are you populating on the motherboard with your ram kit? Got a link to the ram you're working with? You mentioned using a different PSU, what other makes and models of PSU's have you tried? Also, what is the age of all the PSU's used? Use the stock cooler and not the aftermarket cooler to see if the issue persists.

Feb 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which two slots are you populating on the motherboard with your ram kit? Got a link to the ram you're working with? You mentioned using a different PSU, what other makes and models of PSU's have you tried? Also, what is the age of all the PSU's used? Use the stock cooler and not the aftermarket cooler to see if the issue persists.

Do not know the other PSU model, as it was not mine, just borrowed it and it is already back. Mine is couple of moths old, other is pretty old.
This is the ram => https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B092G5Y6QP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I tried these slot configurations: B1 and A1, also B2 and A2, just B2, just B1
This cpu does not have stock cooler