Review Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition Review: Meet Radeon RX 6800M

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
Sad to say, for a high end gaming laptop, the choice of monitor can't get worst. I noticed quite a number of Asus ROG Strix comes with 1080p monitors which is really a mind boggling decision, considering these are not cheap laptops. I get the point that its a high refresh rate monitor, but in most games, the mobile CPU will easily become the bottleneck at this resolution.

penguinslovebananas

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020
1080p is basically the standard for performance when gaming on a laptop. If you look even at the 3080 mobile at 165 watts and 16GB it fails to reach 60 FPS at 4K and sometimes fails to produce even 30 FPS. Due to the limited space, power delivery and cooling capability of laptops, even with the newest GPU‘s, they will not perform at desktop levels. While 4K screens are available for laptops they come at a premium and IIRC currently only come in 60hz and lower varieties. The money spent on a 4K display would be much better spent on a premium 1080p display with higher color, brightness and refresh rate, especially considering from a gaming perspective you cannot really take advantage of the 4K.

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
The Asus ROG Strix G15 is the first AMD Advantage laptop, with the Radeon RX 6800M and a Ryzen 5900HX processor. It's not perfect, but shows AMD's components sneaking more and more into the premium space.

Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition Review: Meet Radeon RX 6800M : Read more
great review!!! i have this laptop, hands down best gaming laptop ive ever owned, also cant beat the price for what your getting, just stay away from 1st gen production units mostly open box units, liquid metal issues, i have the 2nd production model. love it!!!

Jan 28, 2022
The Asus ROG Strix G15 is the first AMD Advantage laptop, with the Radeon RX 6800M and a Ryzen 5900HX processor. It's not perfect, but shows AMD's components sneaking more and more into the premium space.

Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition Review: Meet Radeon RX 6800M : Read more
Hello. Does the storage SSD support up to how many GB/TB? What dimensions is it? And is it an M.2 NVMe with M-Key?

Thank you for reviewing the product and your kind response. All the best. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.