Review Asus ROG Strix G16 Gaming Laptop Review: Beauty and Brawn

but, it's all just rainbow puke. Razor can pass as both gaming and work laptop. Its good they perform, but all the models look identically bad IMHO. If you want something normal, classic, you will have to step down with performance, or pick razor stealth.

saunupe1911

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2016
but, it's all just rainbow puke. Razor can pass as both gaming and work laptop. Its good they perform, but all the models look identically bad IMHO. If you want something normal, classic, you will have to step down with performance, or pick razor stealth.

That's totally irrelevant because the LEDs are highly customizable and can be turned completely off! Most companies give the clients work laptops and wouldn't dare spend the Razer premium.

For the record I'm a 2022 Razer 14 owner and I think it's still by far the best laptop on the market under 15 inches. And I do love the sleekness and professional look as it doesn't stand out when I'm doing some training at a cigar bar/coffees shop so I see your point. But I will gladly take a 2023 Asus over the 2023 Razers at a much lower cost with equal or better performance.

Also there's one more factor that's extremely important. Razer's support is downright terrible. It's so bad until I will never buy another Razer product again. I've posted a whole thread about this on their Reddit. It's just that bad. Thankfully I've only had software issues and I have BestBuy TotalTech but Razer DOES NOT stand by their products. This reason alone in my opinion is why Asus has the leg up this year after chasing them for so long. I will give you an example...they don't post their drivers online. You have to pray Windows 11 updates installs the correct one or else. You have to open a support ticket to upgrade your BIOS! Every one that wants to upgrade Razer 14 USB 4 has to open a stupid support ticket instead of them just posting the link they have done in previous years.