Question Asus Rog Strix LC 240 issues in new build

Dec 28, 2021
Hello guys! Hope you are enjoying your holidays.
I certainly have enjoyed mine, since i have been bulding my first pc!
Everything went smoothly, except for a couple of things with the cooler (Asus Rog Strix LC 240)
  1. A faint buzzing sound (i have read that it is bubbles in the system, and I have tried tilting it a bit. The cooler is already mounted onto the CPU, so i can only tilt the whole tower)
  2. My dang RGB isnt working. There is supposed to be some form of lighting, but there is none. Software tells me CPU Fan is running at 2700RPM, which i assume is the pump RPM. The CPU is also quite cool, so i think the pump and cooler itself is working, but there is no light.
Regarding the rgb issue; there are two cables to connect. One coming out from the block, which i have connected to the CPU_Fan header (see image, top right). There is also a USB-C cable that goes into the block, that I have connected to the USB 2.0 headers in the bottom, all as per the manuals.

However, my cooler is cold and dark, showing no RGB. Any ideas what i have done wrong? As mentioned, this is my (well, almost) first PC build, so I am not very experienced.

I appreciate all feedback I get, have a happy new year!

Jan 5, 2023
Did you ever get it work? I have the same issue using the same AIO cooler, I have the cable coming out of the block connected to the CPU_FAN and the 9-pin usb cable connected to AIO_PUMP, the pump is working, keeping the cpu cool and idling at 30C but the RGB light on the AIO isn’t turning on.