Question ASUS ROG STRIX RX 480 8GB OC OR SAPHRIE NITRO RX 480 8GB

tibsy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
I've had a saphire nitro rx 480 laying around. its an 8gb model but chose to use the asus rog strix rx 480 8gb OC card instead just because of the lighting effects.. I would like to know whats the difference in performance between the 2 cards.
Thanks

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Not much really.
I would think the STRIX performs better overall due to the cooler being better..... But sometimes ASUS puts cheap version of STRIX cooler on the lower tier STRIX cards.

But assuming it's the better version of the cooler, the STRIX card will perform better because it'll have lower temps which will result in higher maintained clock speeds.

I've had a saphire nitro rx 480 laying around. its an 8gb model but chose to use the asus rog strix rx 480 8gb OC card instead just because of the lighting effects.. I would like to know whats the difference in performance between the 2 cards.
Thanks

The BUILD quality of ASUS Strix GPUs is slightly better than Sapphire's NITRO series. Apart form that, there won't be any HUGE difference, except for the core/Mem clock factory speeds.