Question Asus Rog Strix RX580 frequency drop when 78/79 degrees

OzN3

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
Hello, in these hot days, I'm having a problem with my graphic card. It reaches quite high temperatures, and when it reaches around 80 degrees ( after a long playing / benchmarking time ), the frequency start to drop. Is there any solution?

OzN3

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
The card should not throttle down when the TEMP reaches 80 C. Which PSU do you have ? List full PC specs as well. Try to make a custom FAN profile via the MSI Afterburner tool.
SILVERSTONE RVX01BR-W
AMD RYZEN 7 2700X @ 3.9GHZ BY CORSAIR H60
ASUS ROG STRIX B450-E GAMING
ASUS ROG STRIX RX580 TOP 8GB @ Actually testing again
CORSAIR DOMINATOR ROG EDITION 4x4GB @ 2800MHZ 13-13-13-21
SSD SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB
EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G3

I can solve the problem with an higher fan curve, but i would like to have a quieter fans settings..
Using AMD Wattman only
Do you have Three 120mm Air Penetrator fans included for sublime vertical air cooling? Do you have a front Fan? Is the H60 radiator on the back or top?
Using Bitfenix Led fans. 4 intake Bitfenix Spectre Led ( 3 at bottom and 1 on front putting air directly on graphic card ) and a Bitfenix Spectre Led PWM in the top ( with corsair H60 ).

From Silverstones web site it sounds like they want the case air flow to come in the bottom and out the top. Old school was in the bottom front and out the top back. Hard to Say how good the air is moving without doing a smoke test. What is your room temp? I have been having to run my window unit on 66F for 72F in my bedroom , heat index been running 105F here.

OzN3

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
From Silverstones web site it sounds like they want the case air flow to come in the bottom and out the top. Old school was in the bottom front and out the top back. Hard to Say how good the air is moving without doing a smoke test. What is your room temp? I have been having to run my window unit on 66F for 72F in my bedroom , heat index been running 105F here.
86F in the room, but i think there is some temperature limit set somewhere. I also have a Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ that reaches 83/84C degrees, but without presenting this problem.