Asus Rog Strix X370-F Gaming Motherboard randomly not detecting SATA drives.

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
For some odd reason, the motherboard in my computer, an Asus Rog Strix X370-F Gaming, will not detect certain SATA drives, like my SSD and HDD at completely random times. When this happens, the computer boots straight into BIOS, and I have to keep restarting the computer until said drives appear. When they do finally appear, the boot order is reset(Ubuntu bootloader removed from list and Windows Boot Manager placed as top priority) and the boot order goes into a "locked" state(attempting to change the boot order or any of the entires does nothing).

I have Fast Boot in BIOS disabled, as well as the Fast Startup option in Windows 10 disabled. I cannot disable Secure Boot in the BIOS since the option is grayed out.

I have no idea why this is happening, and it is getting annoying as I run a dual-boot setup and keep having to repair it whenever this issue occurs.

Can someone please tell me why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Solution
Have you tried restoring to default in bios (actually select load default and save&exit)
Other way is to disconnect power from plug keep switch on, remove shiny battery from motherboard and press and hold power button for one good minute.
After that stick back battery and switch off PSU and then re plug power cable and switch it on. (thats other way for default)
Third did you try swapping sata cables, cause they might be loose?
Have you tried restoring to default in bios (actually select load default and save&exit)
Other way is to disconnect power from plug keep switch on, remove shiny battery from motherboard and press and hold power button for one good minute.
After that stick back battery and switch off PSU and then re plug power cable and switch it on. (thats other way for default)
Third did you try swapping sata cables, cause they might be loose?

Solution