Question [Asus RoG STRIX X470-F Gaming] Windows 10 doesn't see Ethernet Adapter

Mar 29, 2019
Hey people,

Today I received a new motherboard (Asus RoG STRIX X470-F Gaming), I installed it in my PC and formatted my ssd and installed a fresh Windows 10. However, Windows doesn't seem to see the Network Adaptor in Device Manager. Whenever I try to install the drivers from the manufacturer, an error keeps popping up (Cannot install drivers. No Intel adapter are present in this computer). The top light on the port itself blinks from time to time in an orange color. The bottom light is off. I tried both my old and a new ethernet cable. I'm now using internet through my phone, but obviously, that's not the way to go.

The LAN port is switched on in the bios, which I updated too. I also checked that I downloaded all Windows updates, and it seems everything is ok there.

And another thing, this is already the second motherboard I can't get to work in this PC. On monday I tried the Asus Prime X470, but I had the EXACT same issue. Now, is it just me overlooking something, or did I just receive two faulty motherboards?

Kind regards,
Erik

Seems to be that way. I've had two ASUS motherboards and both Ethernet adapters worked out of the box, both were/are Intel. You've literally tried updating everything, the only thing you can try is disconnecting components one by one to see if the problem persists, but I'm fairly sure it will. The fact that the driver installer says there's no such device present makes me think there's nothing you can do but replacing it yet again...

The orange light on ethernet port literally means that there's activity. The green light shows an actual connection.