Asus rog strix z270 solid yellow and orange light

bengalsfan

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
So I'm working on a new build when I got everything together I get no display no beeps and just a solid yellow light from my understanding that is a issue with ram I tried moving I tried hooking up only stick no luck....

My rig is a
Nzxt elite case
Asus rog strix z270
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 3000MHz (PC4 24000)
Intel 8700k
Msi 1060
1tb ssd
Thermaltake Smart Standard 650W 80

Solution
It's a Q-LED indicator and yellow is your DDR4 memory.

a) SOLID may indicate it's fine (can't find info even in the manuals)
b) not sure if it's supposed to go away after POST (i.e. booting into Windows)

*Either way, (after you fix the issue) you should run MEMTEST86 for a full pass to validate the system memory. If that passes I guess a solid yellow Q-LED just means it's fine?

www.memtest86.com

I get there's no display, but someone else with an Asus B350 has a solid yellow Q-LED and they can boot into Windows.

Troubleshooting:
It's mainly swapping:
motherboard,
PSU
DDR4 memory
CPU

If you're confident you installed the CPU properly, and the PSU has been validated in other PC (or you can borrow another PSU) then I suspect a bad...
It's a Q-LED indicator and yellow is your DDR4 memory.

a) SOLID may indicate it's fine (can't find info even in the manuals)
b) not sure if it's supposed to go away after POST (i.e. booting into Windows)

*Either way, (after you fix the issue) you should run MEMTEST86 for a full pass to validate the system memory. If that passes I guess a solid yellow Q-LED just means it's fine?

www.memtest86.com

I get there's no display, but someone else with an Asus B350 has a solid yellow Q-LED and they can boot into Windows.

Troubleshooting:
It's mainly swapping:
motherboard,
PSU
DDR4 memory
CPU

If you're confident you installed the CPU properly, and the PSU has been validated in other PC (or you can borrow another PSU) then I suspect a bad motherboard.

At this point I'd contact Asus.

UPDATE:
shut down, remove the graphics card, and hook the monitor to the MOTHERBOARD to remove the graphics card out of the loop (will use the iGPU in the CPU)

Solution

bignastyid

Titan

The 8700k is not compatible with that Z270 motherboard. The 8th gen cpus only work on the 3xx series boards.