Asus ROG Strix Z270E Help!

katu_king

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
The Short of it:
After restarting my custom PC after updating Windows 10 for the first time, I see the ROG logo show up, then nothing afterward. What could the issue be??

The Long of it:

First time builder of my custom PC (Will provide component details)

I built my PC based on the Youtube channel "Tech Deals" $1500 build. The only difference I made was NOT using water cooling.

After I finished the build, I took it to Intrex (a PC store) for a check to confirm I did everything properly because I wasn't getting any power outside of RGB lighting from the motherboard and an led light on the graphics card.
The gentleman helped me with a simple fix and I began following the youtube startup tutorial video, following every step.

My issue comes with the fact that upon restarting the cpu after Windows 10 finished updating, I was greeted by the Republic of Gamers logo for a few seconds, then a blank lit black screen. I turned the power off after a time and about 5 minutes later turned it back on and the entire computer worked again.
I then continued following the video as the man went to ASUS's site to install drivers. I downloaded and began to install them. Upon installing one of them, however, a pop up stating that in order to finish installing that certain driver, I needed to restart the computer.
I followed instruction and yet again, the ROG display showed up, then a blank screen afterward.
I have no idea why it is doing this. I've tried turning on and off the monitor and unplugging and replugging the cords behind the computer.
I have been sitting here with it on the blank display for 30 minutes now and nothing has changed other than the monitor clearly going into sleep mode due to inactivity.

UPDATE.... As I was finishing my explanation, I clicked the mouse to get the monitor out of sleep mode, and now the display is back, and I signed into the computer.
I really am baffled as to why this issue is here.

ANY help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Components:
CPU - Intel Core i7-7700K
Motherboard - ASUS Z270E
Memory - Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4-3200
SSD - Crucial 525GB M.2 SSD
SSD (2) - Intel 512GB 600p NVMe SSD
Internal Hard Drive - Seagate 2TB BarraCuda
Graphics Card - ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070
Power Supply - EVGA 850 B2
Fan - (Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO)
Case - Cooler Master - MasterBox5

Kalinome

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015
The ASUS STRIX Z270E is very fickle about what RAM it will accept- it has fewer accepted sticks than usual, it seems. Have you checked ASUS's web site for the mobo to see if your RAM sticks are supported?