Question Asus rog strix z370-e gaming

Mar 7, 2019
I can’t get the light in the motherboard to work neither the lights in the case to change.
I must be connecting something wrong because it’s the second one I try and the result is the same.
Help please. Already tried Asus support but didn’t get any helpful answer, just bios updates with no result.
I’m pretty sure there must be some kind of connection problem.
Also the mobo comes with rgb and addressable rgb cables but there’s no word on where to connect them.
Heeeeeelpppp

Feb 23, 2019
I can’t get the light in the motherboard to work neither the lights in the case to change.
I must be connecting something wrong because it’s the second one I try and the result is the same.
Help please. Already tried Asus support but didn’t get any helpful answer, just bios updates with no result.
I’m pretty sure there must be some kind of connection problem.
Also the mobo comes with rgb and addressable rgb cables but there’s no word on where to connect them.
Heeeeeelpppp

What exactly are you trying to to hook up to the addressable and standard led headers

Mar 7, 2019
What exactly are you trying to to hook up to the addressable and standard led headers
To the headers I’m hooking up the case fans (a cooler master 5 lite rgb).
If I connect to the addressable connector, the lights go blue. If I connect it to the rgb connectors the light is white.

But even the lights in the motherboard in the metal (near the cpu) never light!

Feb 23, 2019
To the headers I’m hooking up the case fans (a cooler master 5 lite rgb).
If I connect to the addressable connector, the lights go blue. If I connect it to the rgb connectors the light is white.

But even the lights in the motherboard in the metal (near the cpu) never light!

Try starting to hook up one fan into the addressable header while the Pc is off. Turn it on, and go into your Aura sync or whatever you motherboard uses for rgb sync. See if you can get the one to program. Like on mine I have the Corsair kit(3fans) but they all hook into one fan hub, then one cable off of that for either the rgb 12v header or addressable header. But my addressable uses the usb 2.0 header and Corsair software instead of an addressable RGB Header and my Mystic light rgb sync

Mar 7, 2019
Try starting to hook up one fan into the addressable header while the Pc is off. Turn it on, and go into your Aura sync or whatever you motherboard uses for rgb sync. See if you can get the one to program. Like on mine I have the Corsair kit(3fans) but they all hook into one fan hub, then one cable off of that for either the rgb 12v header or addressable header. But my addressable uses the usb 2.0 header and Corsair software instead of an addressable RGB Header and my Mystic light rgb sync
Thank you very much for the tips.
I don’t know what happened but when I gave up and started playing Fortnite... the lights came Alive