[SOLVED] Asus ROG worth it?

skrippi

Prominent
Jul 2, 2020
Is it worth buying the totally overpriced ROG series instead of the prime?
I can't imagine having a "real" performance boost compared to the cheap prime series.
I do overclock my i9-9900k with just the Prime Z390-A MB to 5GHz and works all well. So are there any other performance benefits or is it just money making?

The reason I'm asking is the upcoming Alder Lake and I need to now if I can go with the cheap Prime series again or if it's worth buying a 500$ MB.
Or is TUF the way to go for?

Last edited:
Solution
I can't imagine having a "real" performance boost compared to the cheap prime series.
I do overclock my i9-9900k with just the Prime Z390-A MB to 5GHz and works all well. So are there any other performance benefits or is it just money making?

The reason I'm asking is the upcoming Alder Lake and I need to now if I can go with the cheap Prime series again or if it's worth buying a 500$ MB.
MB generally doesn't make much difference in performance. main difference between "cheap" and "expensive" MBs is in equipment and features and eventually VRM section for more power demanding CPUs and/or overclocking.

MB generally doesn't make much difference in performance. main difference between "cheap" and "expensive" MBs is in equipment and features and eventually VRM section for more power demanding CPUs and/or overclocking.

Reactions: MeanMachine41
Solution