Asus ROG x470-f BIOS settings for CPU freq. and VCORE.

Feb 8, 2019
Hi there.
I recently built a new system based on Ryzen 7 2700x and ASUS x470-f. The issue I'm having is , x470-f is tweaking everything and the CPU is under great vcore voltage (goes from 0.8 V to 1.5 even 1.6V sometimes, monitored on HWmonitor). I set my vcore to 1.3V manually while in BIOS of the motherboard. What I wanted to ask is how can I set my CPU frequency manually ? I want to set it to its default factory frequency which is 3.7 Ghz. Before I set my vcore voltage, even with my cooler master liquid AiO cooler the CPU temps were at 40-55C on standby mode in win10 but after I set the vcore to 1.3V that stopped now its between 25-30C. The only issue I'm having now is with my CPU frequency. Even when I open chrome or any other small app , the frequency goes over 4ghz and my temps go crazy again. I want to set the max limit to 3.7GHz I hope you can help me with the settings because I'm not that good when it comes to fine tuning. Basicall all I want is to keep my Vcore at 1.3ghz (or any other you would suggest) and my freqs at 3.7 GHZ max.
Any help would be well appreciated.
My system is
Ryzen 7 2700x
Asus ROG x470-f
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 (8x2) DDR4 3200mhx.
Gigabyte Geforce 1080 ti
Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 Rgb Aio
Thermaltake Toughpower 850w (80A) Psu.

winks42

Respectable
Why do you want to run a 1.3v 24/7? I prefer the adaptive power option in the bios so the the cpu vcore can fluctuate in idle for lower temps. If you want to set it at 1.3v just make the power option manual and set the multiplier to 37

Feb 8, 2019
Hi winks42.

For some reason if I leave it at auto, the Vcore goes crazy at idle. Just by opening chrome or firefox or listening to music the vcore reads 1.5 1.55 at hwmonitor and my cpu temps become very high like 45-50C in these simple tasks. I suppose forcing the CPU's vcore over 1.4V for every simple task wouldnt be a good option for CPU health. Thats why I've set it to 1.325V and the temps seem to be good enough for me now. 30-35C at idle and under load its 60C (and at extreme stress test doesnt pass 70C). I'll give the auto feature another try but the minute the vcore voltage passes 1.325V the CPU temperatures go too high, considering I'm using a 240 double fan AiO that doesn't look right.

winks42

Respectable
Ok that seems very weird that happens. Because your temps are fine that’s safe but I’d try to reset CMOS and try to play with it if you want. But your temps seem fine so you should be fine. If you want you can contact ASUS about the issue and see what’s up. GOOD LUCK ;)