Asus router repeater help!!

Stareo1

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
OK, so my dad bought a router in the summer.
MY router stopped working... We decided to ignore it and I switched my PC to WiFi and connected it to the new router downstairs. Now, I have a new PC, without a wireless adapter. I have a laptop though, and that has WiFi and Ethernet capabilities. We want to revive my old router for my new PC, and we want it to set up as a repeater/extender. Any thoughts on how to do this?

Carobthomp

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
A quick google search with your model # and what you want to do will probably give you most the details on it, but otherwise if you provide the model we might be able to assist further to confirm if it's possible.

Stareo1

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
OK, thanks. I googledmy router and its now in AP mode. Now, to actually set this to repeat the WiFi from downstairs, I have to connect the two. All guides on google say Ethernet cable... But I can't do Ethernet cable if the other router is downstairs
.. Help?

Carobthomp

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Some repeaters are only able to use Ethernet to re-broadcast the signal, others are able to just do it all via WiFi. If you can't seem to find an option for using it as an IP without using Ethernet contact the manufacturer to confirm what it's capable of.