asus sabertooth x79 - How to go back to clean and working bios install? (cant turn on PC after power loss without CMOS reset)

piotrek255

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Hi

After checking nearly every option i recently tested RAM and it turned out to be ok, now the most probable is that something went wrong when i updated bios.

After power loss, i have to click the power button for about 30 seconds for PC to start. After that i have a message "Overclocking Failed" even when i did not overclock anything and run on optimized default settings.

When i was updating bios i was struggling a bit, when it was updating i turned off the PC becouse it hanged. I then updated it to the latest 4005 version with .CAP extension, i dont remember if the latter had .ROM extension but the 4005 installed without installing bios converter or changing the name to SABERX79.CAP following this guide -> asus sabertooth x79 how to reset bios

I want to revert to the starting version of bios deleting everything i could mess up and update it to the latest version following the guide i found recently. How to do that?

Solution
I GOT THE SOLUTION:

First of all i would like to say that i did not have any info on this in the instruction for mobo and case( i double checked).

The instruction for the case i bough, and motherboard, didnt say how i should mount the mobo on the case, i used the distance bolts becouse they fited the case, but what i did not do, is use the rubber/cardboard rings on both sides of the screw (side the motherboard was touching the distance bolt and where the screw touched the motherboard).

Why i didnt use them? I got the rubber rings but they were too high/thick and i was unable to mount the mobo using them ( i checked again, it cannot be mounted and i dont know why they gave them).

So, a BIG GIGANTIC FAIL TO case manufacturers that...

piotrek255

Honorable
May 30, 2013
I GOT THE SOLUTION:

First of all i would like to say that i did not have any info on this in the instruction for mobo and case( i double checked).

The instruction for the case i bough, and motherboard, didnt say how i should mount the mobo on the case, i used the distance bolts becouse they fited the case, but what i did not do, is use the rubber/cardboard rings on both sides of the screw (side the motherboard was touching the distance bolt and where the screw touched the motherboard).

Why i didnt use them? I got the rubber rings but they were too high/thick and i was unable to mount the mobo using them ( i checked again, it cannot be mounted and i dont know why they gave them).

So, a BIG GIGANTIC FAIL TO case manufacturers that give 2 page instructions with useless information and motherboard manufacturers for making a motherboard that cost nearly 400 Euro, and makes a short when there is no rubber/cardboard on the distance bolts WHICH WAS NOT STATED IN THE INSTRUCTION I SHOULD USE.

Sorry for caps but i spent 2 month RMAing mobo, PSUs, and countless hours trying to figure out what was wrong, I built my last system without any problems, it was 5 years ago. And now, i spent 4 times more money on this high end PC, and had to pay 30 euro for diagnosis that i have to place cardboard rings on the screws. Are you kidding me?

Solution