Asus Sabertooth Z170s issues. Stuck on bios splash screen. Please Help!

Sep 15, 2018
I cant figure out whats wrong with my motherboard. After i built the computer, it worked fine and everything was cool. When i went to sleep, i put it into hibernation. Woke up the next morning and the PC started booting, but then got stuck at the bios splash screen. Ive had this problem before, and the solution was to reseat the ram, which i did. This solution didnt work the second time around, so i looked online for further instrctions. I was told to remove the cmos battery and put it back in after 5-10 seconds. Instead of helping the issue, it made it worse. Now my system powers on, but it doesnt boot. Im begging anyone who can help for info. thanks.

UPDATE: I got the system to boot by pressing the "memok" button, but now im back where i started. Im stuck on the bios splash screen. Its telling me to press delete or f2, but none of those buttons do anything.

Solution
Was the SSD the only drive installed during your Windows installation? If your HDD was bootable and installed at the time of Windows installation then the boot sector is on the HDD so you will need to make sure that the HDD is set as the primary/first boot drive in the UEFI Setup boot order.
Sep 15, 2018

CPU - Intel i7 6700k
MOBO - Asus sabertooth z170 s
RAM - Ballistix tactical 8gb
GPU - GTX 950
Cooler - Enermax ets t40 fit
PSU - EVGA 800 BQ
Storage - 240gb ssd // 500gb hdd // 1.5 gb HDD
Case - Corsair crystal 570x
OS - Windows 10

Is your primary boot drive (most likely your SSD) connected to the following SATA connector?

ASUS_SABERTOOTH_Z170_S_SATA_Connectors.jpg

Sep 15, 2018

Just tried it, nothing new is happening. It boots up as usual - i get one beep from the onboard speaker i installed and my display shows the splash screen.

Was the SSD the only drive installed during your Windows installation? If your HDD was bootable and installed at the time of Windows installation then the boot sector is on the HDD so you will need to make sure that the HDD is set as the primary/first boot drive in the UEFI Setup boot order.

Solution