Asus Sabretooth z77 won't pass POST after failed overclock attempt

STTEOTD

Reputable
May 31, 2015
Tried resetting RTC RAM twice and MemOK! switch twice as well, no good. I just rebuilt my computer last night after a cleaning out and cable management session, everything booted back up perfect, was on there for hours before shutting down for the night. All I did was go into BIOS to set up the default higher performance option and when it restarted, it won't even give me a beep.

STTEOTD

Reputable
May 31, 2015

Removed the RAM, got some beeps. One long one, followed by two quick beeps.

STTEOTD

Reputable
May 31, 2015

Really appreciate your quick response. Give me a couple minutes to try this and I'll respond again.

STTEOTD

Reputable
May 31, 2015

No good with each stick in each slot, no beeps and no POST. Tried removing the graphics card which didn't help either unfortunately.

STTEOTD

Reputable
May 31, 2015

Will do. Gotta figure out how to get the thermal plate off... Lol may take a few minutes again.

STTEOTD

Reputable
May 31, 2015

I was hoping it wouldn't come to that. I'll take it in to have them look at it, thanks again for your help.

STTEOTD

Reputable
May 31, 2015
Just another thought while I'm looking around inside the computer... Two questions really. I left the CMOS battery out for maybe 30 seconds, would it make a difference if I left it out longer? Also, the motherboard clearly is getting power, so I'm guessing a separate power supply wouldn't be a solution?

I just find it odd that one preset would kill my cpu when it's been perfectly fine for its entirety... I feel like if I could get back into BIOS and reset the overclock back to normal (since the jumper twice didn't seem to do anything) it would boot normally.

"I left the CMOS battery out for maybe 30 seconds, would it make a difference if I left it out longer? "
No. Even 10-20 seconds are enough .
"Also, the motherboard clearly is getting power, so I'm guessing a separate power supply wouldn't be a solution? "
Since getting the beeps with only CPU and CPU fan installed, then I'd rule out a power issue.
Try removing all components but CPU, CPU cooler, single RAM module and DVD drive (monitor connected to the onboard).