Question Asus sage won't detect GPU's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tok Tok

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Hello,

I've been having major problems with the Asus Sage WS x299, whenever I plug in more than 2 GPU's weird things start to happen. Most of the time the computer won't even post but when it does the GPU's won't be detected, the computer just turns off when in windows or it's stuck in a boot loop. So I tried all cards (7 in total) separately and they work fine. I tried to use a known working PSU and still, the same problems occur. I tried removing all the RAM stick but one. I tried different settings in the BIOS and also updated the bios, no effect.

The weird thing is that before this motherboard I had the Gigabyte WU8 x299 and had similar problems, but send it back for warranty because I was sure it was something with the motherboard. I'm not so sure about that now since I also have problems with the Asus Sage.

These are my components:

• Coolermaster 1500w PSU
  • Gskill Aegis 4x16GB 3200Mhz [F4-3200C16Q-64GIS ]
  • Asus Sage WS x299
  • 500 gb HP SSD
  • i9 9820x
  • 3x 1080ti (only 1 or 2 hooked up)
  • 4x 1070ti (only 1 or 2 hooked up)

As a fun side note: I previously had this motherboard: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P6T7_WS_SuperComputer/overview/
And it ran 7 GPU's in windows 7 without a hiccup. So weird that a motherboard from 2009 does this so much better!?

At this point I'm pretty desperate.. I tried everything I can't seem to fix it, so if anybody knows anything please help me! It could be that my BIOS settings are not correct but I wouldn't know what to change..

Tok Tok

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Oke great that seemed to work! Thanks for that.

But now I'm having the same problem I had earlier when I had only 2 cards installed. When I boot into windows after a while the mouse stops working, the screen turns black and after a while the whole system just reboots. No BSOD, just rebooting and the next time the same thing happens, but much sooner. It's a fresh win10 install. I thought it might be the CPU temp but that's fine. Any ideas??

Tok Tok

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Yes, 24 pin, 2x 8pin CPU and 6pin PCIe are all connected.

The PSU is pretty old so this might be the problem, but I didn't have this problem when I had the Gigabyte board. That was working fine on the same PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.