Asus Still Tops in Motherboard Sales; Gigabyte Close Behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Yup, Asus makes great motherboards. On the contrary, intel boards really suck balls. I only had problems with DH67CF, and after a year of back and forth, intel finally gave up giving me a refund on that thing. No wonder intel is pulling out of the motherboard market.

crysex

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Top my @ss, my ASUS Sabertooth MOBO is still broken. RMAed it but nothing fixed. Terrible customer service and poor quality! I wont buy another POS from them.

lostmyclan

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
for now i got 5 asrock mother boards and none asus! basic asus z77 i get an asrock z77 extreme 6 same price. asrock do beter and beter.

crysex

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Top my @ss, my ASUS Sabertooth MOBO is still broken. RMAed it but nothing fixed. Terrible customer service and poor quality! I wont buy another POS from them.

I'm on my first Asus board right now from mainly MSI, and I have to say, I like the MSIs better. Probably would have went with MSI again, but my little brother donated his old Asus board to me. He had to RMA it and I got the referb fresh outta the box, but have had nothing but problems with it. The USBs are randomly going out and I have to keep moving my mousey, keyboard only sometimes works at bios select screen, and that's the old PS2 connector type (I think that's what it's called, it's been a while.)

Aviad Grobler

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
Hp79 I have all my computers were with Intel motherboard and in all the companies I have worked in the back bone of the company computer were with Intel board and how does the saying goes they keep on going and going and going they are the best reliable boards out there and I will be sad when they do leave in the end. ps all my home computer are also intel boards and they also only know one thing and that is to work and zero problems :))))

crabdog

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
I've had several Asus and Gigabyte motherboards and never had a problem with either one but my latest purchase was an Asrock which I chose mainly due to a much lower price without compromising on features and I've been very happy with it. I'm fairly certain my next motherboard will be Asrock again.

crabdog

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
I've had several Asus and Gigabyte motherboards and never had a problem with either one but my latest purchase was an Asrock which I chose mainly due to a much lower price without compromising on features and I've been very happy with it. I'm fairly certain my next motherboard will be Asrock again.

sanctoon

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
As for the AsRock vs Asus comments, ASUSTeck ownes 25% of Pegatron (Asrock's parent company). Until 2010 Asrock was an subsidiary of Asus. So they still have a lot of the same components and IP's

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I've only personally owned three motherboards in my lifetime: A Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P, a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, and an Asus P8Z77-V LE.

The first one did an admirable job overclocking my Q9550, the second one was sort of a mistake in the end as I didn't do my research on it and it did a moderately passable job overclocking my i5 2500K, and the last one did an excellent job replacing the second.

Not a terribly extensive experience, but between the two companies I've been mostly satisfied. Even the D2H was a decent motherboard, it just didn't have the features I needed and wasn't really designed for the things I was attempting to use it for.

However I do plan to seriously consider Asrock when I get around to replacing my core components in a few years. Their feature lists are massive and I ALMOST got one instead of the Asus.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I used to mostly use asus, they make good productsand i still use em for some things, the asus direct cu graphics cards are hard to beat. for motherboards though I have been using msi recently, slightly cheaper and i really like hteir printed pcb boards and often times their layouts allow maximum spacing for components like large cpu heat sinks where you don't have to take the heat sink off to remove the ram

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009

I'm sure that has ASUS all torn up...

going to stick with asus or gigabyte boards. asrock tends to cheap out on stuff lower than the extreme6 tier and even then, gigabyte has better offerings for the money (the UP series are the best among all the boards out there for their VRM assembly)

xFriarx

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
I had a few minor issues with my last two ASUS boards, so on my latest build I tried an ASRock board. Very pleased so far with them. I will probably continue to use them until they give me reason not to...

Status
Not open for further replies.